Reload this Page >

Flights to Berlin

Search

Flights to Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Jack

Flights to Berlin

I have been browsing all the airline websites and have yet to find a direct flight to Berlin from the Washington DC/NYC area. All flights seem to go through Frankfurt. Since I'm moving there and will be shipping my two dogs on the same plane I'm on I was trying to make it as easy as possible for them by not having to switch planes. Is there an airline out there that does fly direct that I'm just not seeing? Any help is appreciated!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:35 AM
Celine

Jack, I just checked the today's departure/arrival list of Berlin-Tegel airport and not a single flight from/to the US is listed.<BR>I fear, there aren't any, unless some charter.<BR>Frankfurt is the most important hub in Germany and one of the first in whole Europe.<BR>Good luck!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 03:46 AM
Jack

Celine: Thanks for your response. I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to find a direct flight but I know there are a lot of experienced travelers on this website and I was hoping you all might know something I didn't! Thanks again for your help!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 05:58 AM
flyer

topping

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:01 AM
Suzanne

Jack,<BR><BR>If it's possible for you, I'd try to get to Frankfurt to pick up the dogs yourself. The facility in Frankfurt is excellent for animal shipments. Since there are so many service people in the area, there is an awful lot of animals on the move here. We had no problems shipping our iguana from the states to Frankfurt although she certainly was the most unusual animal that came in that day.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Julian Smith

There are no direct flights to Berlin from the States. See http://www.berlin-airport.de/cgi-bin...lan=2&amp;ap=1

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Jack

For Julian Smith - thanks for the great website link - appreciate your help!