Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotels at or within 30 minutes of Rome airport

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 08:01 PM
rob

Hi,

I am touring Umbria next year. I have an early flight from Rome airport on the morning of my departure backto the US. Can any of you recommend hotels either at Rome airport or within 30 minutes of Rome airport (by car or train) in the $100-150 range per room?

Thanks.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Helen Donegan

An American friend of mine stays in a B&B near Rome Fiumicino - she loves it. Says the owner, Alfredo, is a driver/guide of Rome and so she actually stays there for 3 or 4 nights at a time and he drives her into Rome on his way to work in the morning. She has also had dinner in the evening with the family, Alfredo's wife is supposed to be a great cook.
I haven't had time to visit Alfredo, have only talked to him on the phone. You could get in touch with him directly.

Alfredo Peparini . His e-mail is [email protected]. His home phone number is 06/6656.2663 and his cell phone is 0335/615.8431.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Moonbeam

I stay right in the center of Rome and with the limo service I use I can be at the airport and checking in in about 1/2 hour. I use Limoservice Rome and have never had a problem , especially with early flights. Those guys caan DRIVE!!

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:34 AM
grinisa

Stay in the center of Rome and enjoy your last night there, not at some airport hotel. We always have early morning flights back to the States and it never takes more than 25 minutes, either taxi or limo, to get to the airport in the early morning. Once, we had a really crazy taxi driver and arrived in 17 minutes. But I wouldn't want to experience that ride again!

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Nancy

There is a Hilton at the airport, which connects via a skybridge right to the terminals. It may be cost more than the budget you have, but it is worth checking to see what prices they are offering for your dates, as it is so convenient for those early morning flights.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Jim

Rob, We have stayed at the Mach4 hotel about 5 minutes from airport:
http://www.hotelmach2.it/english/homepage.htm
They have transportation to airport starting at 7:00a.m. If your flight is earlier, cabs are available.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:20 AM
guy

Do not stay at the airport hotels on your last night. Better to spend your last night wandering through floodlit Roma than sitting in some Hilton. Besides, as previously stated, the airport is only 20-25 minutes by taxi early in the morning.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:27 PM
rob

Thanks for your suggestions. Looks like I'll try to find a hotel in Rome for the final night.I will have a rental car.

Should I drop it off outside of Rome or drop in the city? Any suggestions on where to drop it off to get into Rome easily by train?

rob

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:33 AM
meira

I would suggest staying at the Sheraton Roma which is in EUR, 10 minutes from the airport. They have a shuttle to the airport. They also provide a shuttle to center of town which runs every hour so in 20 minutes you are in downtown.
Meira

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Steve James

A hotel in the EUR area would certainly be a good option if you're going to the airport by taxi/limo.

There are a couple of car rental agencies with drop off points in EUR I think. I can check this if you want ...

(The earliest you can get there by train is 06.08).

Hope this helps ...

Steve