Search

Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain or Hotel Luxembourg Parc in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain or Hotel Luxembourg Parc in Paris

Hi,

We're selecting our hotel for our 2nd trip to Paris in late May.

We previously stayed in the Isle Saint Louis and loved that area. We're looking to try the 6th in late May as we've heard it's a nice area for restaurants and charm.

One of the hotels we looked at, Hotel D'Aubusson, is not available.

The best choices that are available are: (1) the duplex with terrace room at the Hotel de l'Abbaye in Saint- Germain; or (2) the Terrace room at the Hotel Luxembourg Parc. Both look to be in great locations.

The charm of the neighborhood and quality of the hotel are the most important factors for us.

Please let me know which one is more preferable.

Thanks.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 08:58 AM

The l'Abbaye is a special place. They have a great following so you better give it a try ASAP..

a bientot..

Joan
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM

If you mean neighborhood as the entire quarter, you probably know St Germain to get an idea. Because those two hotels are literally within only a few blocks of each other, so the neighborhood is basically the same. I wouldn't consider the exact ambience of where those 2 hotels are on those particular streets to exactly be charming myself (I don't consider rue Vaugirard charming anywhere), but some parts of St Germain could be called that.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 10:11 AM

I have stayed at both hotels a number of times. While the terrace room is lovely, it faces the rue de Vaugirard and can be quite noisy.

In my opinion, for ambiance, you cannot beat l'Abbaye. You will be there in May and the hotel has a lovely and quiet patio which opens from the bar area. Rooms are very well done as are the beautiful salons. Staff is fabulous. I don't even bother looking at other hotels when planning a Paris trip. It is that good.
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. We are going to stick with l'Abbaye. Luckily I booked the room yesterday to be safe as it is now sold out for my dates. Clearly pretty popular!