Reload this Page >

Flight of the Eagles?

Search

Flight of the Eagles?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Betty

Flight of the Eagles?

Has anyone seen the "Flight of the Eagles" at Warwick Castle? What is it all about and how long does it last? They will have that the day we go to Warwick. We were going to visit Warwick Castle about 3 hrs, taxi over to Stratford Upon Avon for about 4 hrs and then come back to Warwick (to catch the train) back to London. Can we visit the grounds of Warwick Castle after they close? The reason I am asking is that they WILL be closed when we return from Stratford.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:18 AM
janis

The eagles flight is just a falconry exhibition - depends on what you are interested in whether it is worth the time.<BR><BR>As for the rest of you plans - not very practical. Warwick has a lot to offer besides the Castle. the Castle itself takes 3 to 4 hours minimum without stopping to eat - there are three restaurants in the castle and grounds. So assume you take the minimum of 3 hours plus 45 - 60 mins to eat, plus a visit to St Mary's church (a MUST), plus a walk along the high street, Lord Leycester's Hospital etc - your entire day is filled up.<BR><BR>The sights in Stratford are spread out all over and outside of the town center - the birthplace, Halls Croft, St Mary's Church (a different St Mary's) where Shakespeare is buried, the RSC theatre, Anne Hathaway's and Mary Arden's houses take a lot more than 4 hours to see.<BR><BR>So just concentrate on Warwick - you will enjoy yourselves much more.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Ellen

I'm just writing to agree wtih janis' recommendations; trying to do Stratford and Warwick in one day form London on public transport would be just too much. <BR><BR>But if you do decide to go ahead with this, I believe that you can get the train back from Stratford, without returning to Warwick.

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Betty

I guess you have both been there and know more than I do - Stratford just looks so interesting, but everyone seems to like Warwick a lot more! What if we went to Stratford to visit Shakespear's home place and Anne Hathway's cottage (I already purchased Guide Friday tickets) and then the rest of the day at Warwick? One more question, what station do we get off of? Warwick or Warwick Parkway?

Old May 25th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Ellen

Sorry, Betty, can't help with train details, as we drove. But the Warwick Castle web site definitely has that info in their directions page.<BR><BR>Warwick is definitely more fun, more interactive. The Shakespeare-related houses are charming, interesting, have good docents. But Warwick is a castle that you can run around in! At their web site, you'll also find a schedule of the summer festival events.<BR><BR>We spent 3 days/two nights in Stratford, so had plenty of time for everything. In hindsight, if I had just one day, I'd concentrate on Warwick.