Five days in Kent - any recommendations?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:13 PM
nikki

Five days in Kent - any recommendations?

Thinking of spending five days of my itinerary in Kent. Where to go? Canterbury is a good bet, but I am interested to hear anyone elses experience in travelling to this part of England.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 05:31 PM
nancy

Here are a couple of comments during my visit in Kent. Prior to arriving in Canterbury, coming from the south I visited Leeds Castle ? beautiful grounds with castle surrounded by water. To get to the castle you walk thru a duck preserve, which is gorgeous ? long walk, but worth it. Gorgeous swans and huge variety of ducks. In Canterbury - Lunched at Thomas Beckett on Bath St., well priced and highly recommended. On to Hever Castle (Anne Boleyn?s birthplace). Had lunch, toured the grounds and the castle, which was quite small but much more livable. Bought in 1905 by J.J. Astor it had been extensively remodeled. Lots of historical data. Worth the trip. Drove on to Seven Oaks for overnight ? easy to get into and find the T.I. who provided us with a B&B, which turned out to be an excellent end to our trip. It?s called the Old Police House (which apparently it once was) and I enjoyed myself immensely. The family was particularly accomodating.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 05:33 PM
nancy

Ignore the ? marks - I copied this from my trip diary and "quote" marks apparently appear as ? marks

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:08 PM
janis

Nikki - I topped another thread w/ a lot of information. See "What to see with 2 days in Kent?"

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 07:08 AM
nikki

many thanks for all your input