Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel - Dublin???

Apr 1st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel - Dublin???

My wife, daughter and I are planning to spend Thanksgiving weekend in Dublin. We have been checking out hotels, and the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel sounds and looks great!! Anyone stay there??? Any thoughts????
Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:45 AM

Depends what you are looking for. I personally like Fitzpatricks, it's a comfortable hotel, in a good neighbourhood and right beside Killiney Hill for walks. It's a short walk DOWNHILL to the dart station and Dalkey village and a longer walk UPHILL back to it. (you will probably have rain in November

It has a nice-if warm- indoor pool too.

If your plan is to see Dublin city, you'll have to take the dart into town each day, which might be a bit of a pain. If you want to come to a nice comfortable hotel, enjoy South Dublin, partake of the good eating and drinking that Dalkey has and make a trip or two into town then Fitzpatricks is suitable. It's also suitable for touring as you have ample car parking and are closer to Wicklow than being in Dublin city centre.

In summary- if you're only planning to see Dublin city, then stay in Dublin city. If you want a more laid back feel, Fitzpatricks is suitable.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 07:56 AM

Its a good bit outside the city and away from the attractions. It is located in a residential
neighborhood. I live in Dublin and would personally suggest you stay closer to town.
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:06 AM

I love the Fitzpatrick Castle hotel and find it very convenient to both the city and south...the DART station is right there. It is a bit out of town but worth it I feel
Apr 2nd, 2007, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your great responses. I dont mind taking the train and spending the day in Dublin. How convenient/safe is the train?
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:18 AM

Killiney is on the DART line, so trains are frequent. Try to avoid it during rush hour as they get very busy. The trains are very safe.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:33 AM

This hotel is a high quality hotel in a very good residential area. Local residents include Bono and Enya- you can walk by both of their houses on your way to Killiney train station on the seafront. The hotel is a relaxing place to stay with good quality food.It is quite far out of town though although the train - The Dart-will get you there in about half an hour.
Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

THANK YOU ALL!!!!