Reload this Page >

First 3 weeks September Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:30 AM
planner

Is it going to be rainy at that time? We'll be in Barcelona, Seville, Marbella, Nerja, Granada....is it worth getting my boss mad by asking to go at our busiest time which is in April/May/June? If I can't go those three months, is September better than October? We like warm weather but sure don't want a lot of rain!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:17 AM
BabyJane

Planner, September is an excellent month to visit Spain. The weather may still be hot but not unbearably so, which can happen in July/August. I honestly don't think you need worry about rain. You may get the odd thunderstorm here and there or a cloudy afternoon but I don't think it will spoil your enjoyment.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:59 AM
spain

topping

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Andre

planner,<BR><BR>just returned on Saturday from a great trip which included Granada & Nerja. The weather was excellent except for a freak storm on one day - nothing you can do about those though... <BR><BR>I wrote a pretty detailed trip report yesterday which is floating somewhere around the site - I'll try to top it for you.<BR><BR>Andre

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:22 AM
lisa

Gotta' agree with Baby Jane -- September is a wonderful time for Spain. We honeymooned in southern Spain (Costa del Sol, Seville, Granada, Cordoba) the last two weeks of Sept. 2000. The weather was absolutely perfect -- warm enough to sit by the pool in Costa del Sol, but not oppressively hot while touring in the cities. Some evenings a light sweater was a good idea, but it was never cold. I don't think we had a single rainy day (but that may have been sheer luck). September is now "shoulder season" there so the crowds will be reduced, but not gone. I'd make reservations soon.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Juanita

I would love to dissuade you from traveling in September only because it is my favorite! The weather is mild, warm during the day, cool in the evenings. The little rain I encountered in the past week was early morning and late evening and only twice in the 9 days I was there. I even went to Spain in January two years ago and there were still roses blooming at the Generalife Gardens.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Lesley

You can get spectacular storms in Barcelona at the end of August/beginning of September, but October and May are the wettest months there.