Film Location on Santorini

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Film Location on Santorini

Anybody know the location of the cliff diving scene in the film Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants?
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Yes, it's on the little rock island called Agios Nikolaos below the village of Oia. Walk to the sunset end of Oia and down the steps to Amoudi Wharf. From the wharf follow the seawall to the left as far as you can go and you will see the island just a short distance, maybe 50 meters, across a narrow channel. You can easily swim across but be careful of the black spiny sea urchins on the rocks, don't step on one! Access to the diving spot is around the corner to the left.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM

I have yet to see the movie but you will not believe this either....last May we went for a last minute break to santorini and stayed in an awful apt in Kamari. We decided to treat ourselves and stay a few nights in the Caldera view apts, Oia...we got engaged the night before we came up to Oia. When we were at the Caldera view apts there were a few really jetlagged Americans coming in and my other half things ok here comes the shouting yanks yikes! (he is half teasing as I am American). Well..this was the crew from the film Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. we had a fantastic time with them and ended up going for a meal and getting lots of gossip from them. Such a lovely bunch and it made me miss NY as a lot were from there. They work really hard and were restuing before filming starts. Stunning place for a movie!
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM

While there, in Amoudi, be sure to have a meal at Katrinas Taverna. We stayed just above there on the Caldera at Esperas and had a late lunch at Katrinas with Barbra & Jim--who had just come ashore from the Ralph Lauren yacht. The fish was fresh.