Ferry from Naples to Positano

Apr 21st, 2003, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Ferry from Naples to Positano

Greetings:

I thought I had this figured out. On May 18th (Sunday), four of us will be travelling from Rome to Positano (Villa Rosa). We were going to train from Rome to Naples, and then the Circumvesuvia from Naples to Sorrento. From Sorrento we would hire a cab for the ride to Positano.

In doing some more research, I've read that there is a hydrafoil that runs from Naples to Positano. Can anyone confirm this, and should it be operating in May? Would this be the faster route? The friends we are meeting will be arriving in Rome from the U.S. at about noon on the 18th. They will probably be very tired and we're looking for a quick and easy route.

Thanks for the help.
Apr 21st, 2003, 09:55 AM

As it is Sunday, you have hydrofoil from Naples to Positano.
Timetable: from Napoli Beverello departure time are 8:50am and 1:45pm. Time is 1 hour.
Have a nice trip.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:07 AM

Mark - Unless you can leave Rome before noon you won't make the 1.45 hydrofoil Vincenzo mentions.

You might find a cab/limo from Naples quicker than the Circumvesuviana route via Sorrento - though it will be more expensive.

Steve
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:11 AM

What about taking the train from Rome to Salerno and then a ferry from there to Positano? That's what we're planning on doing (in Sept.) based upon information I obtained on this site. I think Steve James also provided that info to me so I hope he rechecks this post and reconfirms that this would work.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:36 AM

JmVikmanis - Of the public transport options that's my preferred route.

The Salerno-Positano ferry ride is a great introduction to the Amalfi Coast, and more comfortable than the Circumvesuviana ride IMO.

You may want to book a porter service at Positano up to your hotel though.

Steve

Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:22 AM

Steve, thanks so much for reconfirming. We're staying at the Covo dei Saraceni so lugging the bags shouldn't be a problem.