Reload this Page >

Feedback on hotels in Paris: Palais Boubon, D'Orsay, Grandes Ecoles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:15 AM
steph

Here are the rates I've been quoted for triple rooms with 3 single beds for mom, sis and me in late November. <BR><BR>Hotel Palais Bourbon 140 euros<BR>Hotel Grandes Ecoles 135 euros<BR>Hotel D'Orsay 155 euros<BR><BR>My initial reaction is "of course we want the Grandes Ecoles" because of all the raves on this board, but I am a little concerned about the uphill walk from the metro to the hotel. My mom is 60 and fairly fit, but no marathon runner. Would this be an issue? Any feedback on the other 2? Sis & I stayed in the 6th last time and it sounds like the Orsay Hotel is in a great spot.<BR> <BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:58 AM
steph

I'm going to top this just once to see if anyone has any comments. Basically, I'm curious about the uphill walk to the Grandes Ecoles, and any kind of feedback on the other 2 hotels.<BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:08 AM
ron

We stayed at the Palais Bourbon in May. It was fine and would stay there again. Haven’t stayed at the others so can’t compare. There was certainly no discernible slope between this hotel and the Varenne metro.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:20 AM
lizbeth

Steph,<BR>I didn't stay at the Grandes Ecoles but walked by it several times on my way through the neighborhood. The slight hill that it's on is not so steep that I could discern a problem to anyone who is not actually disabled. It's also not at the very top of the slope. <BR>But then I'm a native of San Francisco, so a hill has to be mountainous to faze me..... I think you and your mom would do o.k. as far as this location.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Howard

Lizbeth is correct about the steepness of the hill. It is not that bad and should not deter you from staying there. We stayed at Grandes Ecoles for two weeks in May and love it and would definitely stay there again!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:02 PM
pamb

We stayed at the Palais Bourbon in June and loved it. We had a large room with one big bed and two singles for our kids. The room was quiet on a one-way street and had high ceilings and a large bathroom (beware, no shower curtain, though!).<BR>The hotel is close to a terrific bakery and a fruit stand. It is just around the corner from the Rodin Museum, which we all enjoyed. It also is a short walk to Les Invalides.<BR>When we first got to the hotel, I thought "Oh, no, this place is going to be a dump," because it is nothing to look at outside. But we were very pleased. The staff was helpful, also.<BR>Have a great trip!<BR>Pam B.<BR>

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 05:06 PM
xxx

Just fyi about Grandes Ecoles: no a/c and no TV if that matters.<BR><BR>