Paris Hotels & French Riviera Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are traveling to Paris & the French Riviera next week. I am looking for some suggestions on great hotels in Paris (comfortable beds, great location, clean, etc.) Am willing to spend minimum of over $300 but no more than $500 a night.

Also, looking for a great hotel in the French Riviera with the same specifications. We will be staying in 1 hotel for 4 nights but will be visiting Nice, Villefranch-sur-mer, Monaco, Cannes.

We have never been to either so really have no clue about what locations would be best.

Please advise...Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:26 PM

see if the HOtel Madison suits your dates, they have some rooms around 350 euro and it is a good location http://www.hotel-madison.com/

ONe of my favorite hotels belongs to this consortium and they have a good selection of boutique hotels, I don't think there is a clinker in the bunch, just some variations by style and location http://www.esprit-de-france.com/

They will be your range or lower, that's for sure. IN particular, the one I stay in (Hotel Aiglon but I'm not necessarily recommending it for you given you might not like its location and it's not quite luxe enough) has one of the most comfortable beds I've had in hotels. So I'm hoping that is true of the others, but I'll admit that could be individual hotel mgt.
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM

You might check Le Relais St Germain. Excellent location in the 6th, close to the Odeon Metro stop. The restaurant there, Le Comptoir is fantastic and guests get priority reservations!
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM

In Nice: Hotel Massenet in pedestrian zone; you can walk to the Promenade, restaurants, shopping. Pleasant staff, WIFI. We stayed in a superior double.

In Paris:Hotel Relais Bosquet, near Metro, Eiffel Tour, free breakfast if you bring your Rick Steves book. Very helpful staff and just around the corner from Rue Cler with nice cafes, shops, etc. Some rooms have Eiffel Tour views.
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:59 PM

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm. The Right Bank thread is linked to it. Happy Travels!
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:27 AM

I agree with Christina on the Esprit-de-France group of hotels. We especially like the Hotel des Saints Peres in the 6th. It is gracious and friendly and very conveniently located for moving about Paris.
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:26 AM

Just returned, we stayed at Hotel Britannique in the 1st - quiet street, great location, clean, comfey, good staff - couldn't have been better. Only paid $204E a night