Favorite things to do in and near Dublin

Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite things to do in and near Dublin

My husband and I will arrive in Dublin on the 5th of September. We only have 6 days until we fly to Croatia. Looking for great suggestions for a short visit.

List your favorite places to stay and eat! It's a must list!!

Thanks
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 01:43 AM

Click on my name and I have reccommended a few places to eat and see in the Dublin area. What are your interests so we can narrow it down.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou for reponding to my request. I clicked on your name but there was not anything posted.

We would enjoy interesting lodging,meeting and being with the people, great restaurants,again experiencing local food and customs. We are very active outdoor people,enjoy the arts and cultural events.Hope this helps.Thanks again for taking the time.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 07:37 AM

Five days is a LONG time to be in Dublin - which is not my favorite city. You can take a bus tour from a tour company to Glendalough and/or Powerscourt Gardens, in the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin. I highly recommend both of these destinations--and getting out of Dublin for a couple of days. Almost any hotel can refer you to a tour company. I went with Wild Ireland, but I'm not sure they are still in business. The Avoca Shop in Dublin has a wonderful restaurant for a great lunch, as does the Avoca Shop in the Wicklow Mountains. Bright, beautiful woven goods to buy and delicious baked goods and salads to eat!
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 09:04 AM

I think I read the post that Siobhan mentioned above. She mentioned the Charles Beatty Library, which is really more like a museum of Asian art. That might have been my favorite thing in Dublin.

I'd also recommend the Red Bus tours or whatever it's called, which gives a good idea of where things are in the city plus knowledgeable guides.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 09:05 AM

Kilmainham Gaol

Tour to NEWGRANGE

Zozimus Street Theater/Walking Tour
wwwzozimus.com
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information that is coming my way. Yes, we hope to get out of the city as we are not really city people,I wasnt quite sure what was possible on a short lay over. We are outdooor, small town people. We winter in Park City Utah, we love skiing, snow shoeing and a bit of the arts.Thanks again for the suggestions!It all helps as we plan our holiday.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 03:01 PM
CU

The following may be of help:
www.visitdublin.com
www.railtours.ie
www.goireland.ie
enjoy.