Favorite restaurants? Sorrento, Positano, Capri, Amalfi, Ravello, Naples

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We leave for Italy on Tuesday! Can't wait We will be visiting the following cities: Rome (one day/one night), Pompeii (day trip), Sorrento (half day/night), Positano (2 days/2 nights), Capri (2 days/2 nights), Amalfi (3 days/4 nights, Ravello (day trip), Naples (day trip) and then spending the night in Rome before flying out.

Would love to hear about any restaurants you loved in the cities we will be visiting, and if there are any dishes you thought were a must-try! I look forward to hearing what you loved
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
kja

From my trip in May 2007:

Capri: Ristorante Buca Di Bacco (Via Longano, 35) — I had another wonderful meal at this restaurant just a few steps from Capri Town’s Piazzetta. My main course of beef was wonderfully seasoned with fresh herbs and perfectly complemented by the wine and contorno recommended by my server. Staff had a delightful way of engaging their patrons, without ever seeming intrusive.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Hi

In Positano try Ristorante Da Costantino - http://www.dacostantino.it. Bookings recommended - ask for a window seat for the incredible vista. I loved the gnocchi al sugo. Just like my Mamma makes
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 01:49 AM

Here is a lot of food info with reports on eating in Amalfi, Atrani and Ravello, as well as Naples:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...and-naples.cfm
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

thank you!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM

www.latagliata.com
restaurant in Montepertuso - little village above Positano ... secret gem where lots of locals choose to dine... and they know their food!!! I have a booking there in june and I cannot wait!!!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Gia

My husband and I loved Ristorante Mediteraneo in Positano. We had planned to stay in Positano for just a couple of days and ended up staying for 5. We went to Mediteraneo a few times, they are lovely lovely people. Great, festive atmosphere and excellent food. That's where my husband's love for Limoncello was discovered... if you're going to have it anywhere, Positano is the place to do it. Also, there are restaurants on the same stretch of road where Mediteraneo is, I can't remember their names but the food was soo good. I don't think you'll be disappointed wherever you go.

Have a wonderful time!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Gia

PS: Why only one day in Rome?? Rome is so fantastic. Have you been before?
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM

In Amalfi, we discovered this little treasure of a trattoria, and have always recommended it to friends. It is Cantina San Nicola on Salita Marino Sebaste. You will have to navigate a few flights of stone alley-way steps, but it is well worth it. The food and wine are simple and delicious, the waitstaff are quiet and kind, and the view is breathtaking. Just walk up the main street from the Duomo, Via Lorenzo d'Amalfi and check with the local shopkeepers.
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM

Next2 in Positano was wonderful - the best meal my husband and I had on our honeymoon while staying in town. A lot of the produce is grown in the restaurant's garden. I had the best tomatoes I have ever had in my life there, and all of the food was delicious. The setting is clean and chic, and there is outdoor seating. The owner walks around to make sure things are going smoothly and one of her daughters works as a waitress - both very friendly people. They have extra silk wraps on hand in case your cold. The service was amazing. Wish we had discovered this place before our last night there!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Campania.html
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

SuzyQ, we ate at Next2 while we were there and loved it as well!!!