family vacation

Mar 11th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

family vacation

Looking for non-touristy ideal family vacation spot on the beach somewhere in Europe. 7-10days with parents and 3 boys (5,11,13). Time for some well deserved r&r for us all. Need budget friendly destination that is safe, uncongested and unusual.
Mar 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM

When? What sort of budget? Self catering or hotels? Give us something/anything to work with.

You want hotels/beach/unusual - but not touristy?
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM

First off, I suggest you begin another post with more specific information in the title. Second, I suggest you give us way more information than you have already. Third, there is no non-touristy, budget, uncongested beach anywhere in Europe that I've ever come across, so what, exactly, do you mean by that? You appear to be seeking the impossible. Have you done any preliminary research to narrow down your options?
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:18 PM

The southwest corner of Crete -- wonderful beaches, not crowded, and nice places to explore including a day hike of the Samarian gorge -- great for the whole family.
Mar 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Cyprus is lovely - and a little unusual. The area around Paphos has a lot to offer - beaches, archealogical sites, golf, jeep safaris into the mountains, day cruises in the Med, beautiful harbor area with an old fort.
Apr 15th, 2007, 03:28 AM

To the person who responded with the Cyprus idea. I have been thinking of bringing my 4 children to Paphos. Could you recommend a hotel? How far is it to drive from Lancara to Paphos. Many thanks,
Susan
Apr 15th, 2007, 09:38 AM

susane022: You would do much better if you started a new thread about travel to Cyprus instead of tacking your questions on to an old thread w/ a VERY vague title . . . .
Apr 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM

susane022 -

I think it's about a 1-1/2 hour drive from Larnaca to Paphos. Nice roads. The transportation was taken care of when we booked the trip - but I really don't know who took care of it (airline or hotel).

We stayed at the Azia Hotel. It was a lovely a 5* hotel on the beach, but it's about 15 minutes outside the central part of Paphos (well, the waterfront/harbor area). We had to either wait for a bus or take a taxi. For that reason, I would stay there again.

There are some nice big hotels right near the harbor area - walking distance. Let me see if I can find me information to give you some names.