Family Stay in London?

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:42 PM
jack

Family Stay in London?

Traveling with my wife and 2-year-old. Looking for a hotel with separate room for a 3-day November stay in London, in good neighborhood. Also--does anyone know where the Thomas The Train Engine musuem is located? Thank you!!!!

Oct 16th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Stacey

My favorite place to stay is Twenty Nevern Square in Earl's Court, but I'm afraid their largest room, The Pascha Suite only has a sitting room. If money is not too much of an issue the Renaissance Chancery Court is stunning and close to everything. The Zoo in London is wonderful and be sure to visit Hamley's (but be prepared, your little one will want everything he/she sees). Check out www.londontown.com for other ideas.

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Very Curious

Is the extra room for the wife or the 2-year-old? Wouldn't you want your 2-year-old in the same room with you on a foreign trip? I sure as hell would never have parked my 2-year-old in a separate hotel room in ANY country. Why not a triple room?

Or maybe I haven't understood your English - what is "a hotel with a separate room"?

Oct 16th, 2002, 05:27 PM
ddd

Perhaps Jack meant a suite.

Try Country Inns and Suites. There's one in Kensington and one In Bloomsbury. I've stayed in the former and can recommend it. Both are great neighborhoods.

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Steve James

Hello Jack,

Thomas the Tank Engine is at the Nene Valley Railway near Peterborough.
Here's the websiteBR>www.nvr.org.uk

Hope this helps ...

Steve