Search

family holiday

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 03:37 AM
jenni

family holiday

We are wanting to hire a villa/apartment from 28 June to 5 July 2003, on one of the islands - Hvar etc. There is very little travel info available and not much on the web.Can anyone help?As we will be driving through Italy, any info on ferries from Ancona. Is it possible to drive/ferry to Venice for return trip?

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 11:32 AM
Pat

Hi Jenni, We are also planning our 2003 to Croatia, have visited Hvar many years ago, very beautiful. Two web sites that may help are www.htz.hr (Croatian National Tourist Board) and www.dalmacija.net (lots of Private Accomm. on this site and it is also in English) Jelsa on the island of Hvar seems the most promising. Re ferries from Ancona, Jadrolinija Ferries have their own web site and travel from Ancona to Split several times a week, maybe with a stop in Hvar. We have previously booked directly with Jadrolinija through their Rijeika office, they were very helpful or you can use one of their agents listed in their web site. Have a great holiday. If I can be of further help you can email me.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 11:35 AM
Pat

Hi, me again, forgot to mention, the timetable and fares etc. for Jadrolinija are not yet published for June 2003, later this month I have been told. You may also find some hotels, private accomm. etc. a bit slow to answer any emails as most are closed until about February.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 08:27 AM
Kevin Mathews

Jenni, try this link: http://www.visit-croatia.co.uk/links/

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello<BR>I have a house in Hvar. We have several apartments. If You are interested pls contact me.My mail :<BR>[email protected]<BR><BR>