Experince with this Paris Apt?

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experince with this Paris Apt?

Interested in anyone's experience renting PAris apratment from "Our Home in Paris" with Jim Braude? Speciifically looking at the studio aprt on St. Paul for a March stay. Can't wait to meet my husband-who is currently working in the UK for Easterin Paris! Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM

I typed in Jim's name in the search field above and came up with this previous thread:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35089456
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM

So very glad for the opportunity to rave about Jim's apartments!!! - we rented his 2 bedroom unit for a week last July (4 of us) and while I haven't seen this unit you're looking at: the Marais neighborhood is amazing - we were always fans of left bank but will stay this area from now on. His pictures for the 2 bedroom were spot on (no fluffery at all) so your choice looks lovely, and I'd be amazed if it's not. His restaurant reviews were grand - if he points you toward a nothing looking little spot nearby, go there - I had the most amazing duck with honey & almonds in a spot on Blvd Henri IV that I'd never have chosen, along with wonderful conversation with the waiter all during our meal. (He also recommended others that were more "ambiance filled" that we also enjoyed.) Jim's love of quality was apparent in all aspects of the furnishings, appliances, etc - we loved the kitchen, the baths, the seating - all of it! don't know how long you're going for but I think you'd be delighted with this choice.
I notice that the reviews attached to the unit are also superb - I would tell you that before I rented from Jim last summer, I e-mailed directly to several of the previous renters that had supplied e-mail addresses, and got responses from them that assured me on my decision.
This unit looks lovely - we're newly "empty nesting" and can't wait to go back to our favorite city sans the daughter & niece and DH and I are both determined that renting is now the only way to go, and that we'd definitely be choosing only from Jim's offerings.
Hope this helped!
Jo Ann
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM

There are a few reviews on Slow Travel for "Our Home in Paris" rentals:

http://www.slowtrav.com/france/vr/li...number&r=Paris

Kathy
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Have experience only with studio on Rue Charlemagne, can't speak highly enough of Jim. Everything went very smoothly, and the apartment was exactly as described.
Would have no hesitation in renting any of Jim's apartments.