Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Experience with "Italy with Us" or Helen Donegan?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody has actually taken an after hours Vatican tour or any other type of tour with Helen Donegan of Italy With Us. I read two other threads that mentions these tours, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there from people who toured with Helen. It's quite expensive (250 euros per person for the Vatican tour), so I would like to hear any other feedback before I book it!
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:20 AM

This is not a direct reply to your question, but here's a copy of a post that I wrote to another inquiry about a tour guide in Rome:

"Don't hesitate to e-mail Francesca Caruso at [email protected]

She's an excellent guide who is in tune with the needs of her customers. She'll work with you on an itinerary. Our group of 10 women absolutely adored her."

She's quite a bit less expensive than Helen Donegan.
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Betsy, but I was specifically interested in the following tour (private tour held after the Vatican Musesums and Sistine Chapel close so as to avoid crowds):

http://www.italywithus.biz/pages/VaticanTour.htm
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Sorry- typing challenge- Museums
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:11 PM

i did an after hours tour of the vatican with italy with us. it was stupendous. i found them on my last day in rome and wished i had found them earlier. she put me in touch with an incredible local person in venice which was the last of my italian trip. he took me around and showed me places and things i didn't even know existed and definitely would never have found on my own. i would recommend them very highly.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:58 AM

Here is a report I did on the tour. It was fantastic and I'd do it again without question.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...amp;dirtyBit=1

dave
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 02:22 AM

I just did an early morning Vatican Tour with Helen of Italywithus and it was fantastic. The tour began at 8am, one hour before the musuem actually opens and she even prebooked tickets for us that allowed us to skip the long queue that went all the way down the Vatican wall. The guide was exceptional and kept us laughing and entertained with anecdotes and silly little facts. it was money well spent and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for value and quality. I believe they also offer tours of other major sights in Rome but it is best to check their website for more info, i think the have a special Xmas tour of navity scenes as well that is not offered by anyone else.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 03:52 AM

Helen and her company are excellent. While we have not done the new early tour, the after-hours tour was well worth the expense and we would do it again without a thought.

dave