Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ever stayed at Hotel 41? Please Help! Looking for Feedback!

Apr 17th, 2003, 01:23 PM
SRS
Original Poster

My husband and I were thinking of staying at Hotel 41 in London this August, but I can't find much information on it. It is rather pricey (for us), but they have a small discount and it looks very nice on their website. It is part of the Red Carnation Hotel chain. Anyone ever been there or seen it or have opinion - it would be much appreciated!
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:12 PM

There is a write up about it at tripadvisor.com but every time I try to read it my computer freezes. You might have better luck.
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:38 PM

My wife and I stayed at Reubens at the Palace last October (which is right next door to 41). I actually bid for a package on luxurylink.com so you might want to check that out. 41 is a nice hotel that was a lot better 2 years ago. I believe it had a raid the pantry feature where basically you could eat and drink for free during your stay. My guess is guests took advantage of this because they now have stopped that program. Both hotels are right by the Palace close to a metro stop. Email me if you need any other info.
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:28 PM

I have not stayed at Hotel 41 but stayed at Chesterfield Mayfair -- which is part of the Red Carnation chain. While it was a nice hotel with great service, I found that the pictures on the website of the rooms looked MUCH better on the web. Was quite disappointed with the first room selection I was given, the second room was better. My work was paying for the hotel -- otherwise I would've been disappointed to have spent that much per night.
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:43 AM
SRS
Original Poster

Thank you all very much. I think we are going to keep looking. Sounds like we might get disappointed since we would still be paying quite a bit. I appreciate your feedback!
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:56 PM

We also stayed at the Rubens Hotel next door to the 41. We really liked the Rubens and got a great price thru londontown.com. You might also want to look at the specials on their website, http://www.rubenshotel.com/index_flash.htm.

We felt it was a great value for the price, considering it's location and the fact that the rooms are air conditioned. The breakfast buffet was great and the staff friendly.