Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

ever stayed as a guest at Wolsey Lodges (upscale B&Bs)

May 4th, 2002, 08:30 AM
xxx

hi all

has anyone ever used the services of Wolsey Lodges - upscale B&Bs - I believe it's very upmarket B&Bs throughout the UK, as well as being in Europe (which is mainly owned by Brits who have moved abroad, I think).

thoughts? they all appear quite posh.

May 4th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Grandma

Have never stayed in one myself, but met people during a trip who praised them highly. (They went to the trouble of sending info to us after they returned home from their travels. ) The brochure is certainly enticing.

Oct 20th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Tahl

Just found their website, which is very well done:

http://www.wolsey-lodges.co.uk/frame.html

Concept seems to be much like "Blue Book" and "Hidden Ireland" lodgings in Ireland -- visitors get to enjoy the illusion of being houseguests, complete with dinner around a big table with other guests, drinks around a fire in the library, etc.

I stayed at two such places in Co. Galway (Currarevagh House and Delphi Lodge), and *loved* them. NB, dinner at Currarevagh was at individual tables, and at Delphi was at a single table -- part of why I enjoyed Delphi more.

Jun 4th, 2007, 12:37 AM

Wolsey Lodges is a collection of 180 odd B&B's which are individually inspected to meet very rigorous standatds. Many are 5 Star with Awards. All are individual and well worth visiting. Most hosts do dinner so that you do not have to go out in the evening
Jun 4th, 2007, 08:03 AM

LLewellyn: Welcome to Fodors. Interesting that for your first ever post you'd dredge up a five year old thread.

Wolsey Lodges are fine - but when you post advertising on Fodors (which is not allowed by the rules you agreed to when you registered) it makes them look dodgey . . . . . .
Jun 6th, 2007, 12:41 AM

This was not advertising but a guest of ours suggested that I went on the Fodors website and see if there was anything on Wolsey Lodges. Consequently when I went on the site I found these old posts so I thought that I would remind anyone that Wolsey Lodges was alive, well and flourishing