Europeans @ Disneyworld.

Oct 21st, 2002, 06:47 PM
John

Europeans @ Disneyworld.

Why do so many Europeans want to visit Disneyworld? Brits travelling in Turkey look at me funny when they find out I haven't been there and would rather go to Turkey. What is so unique about this commercial wasteland that people spend good money to cross the pond for it?

Oct 21st, 2002, 09:31 PM
VickiV

It's fun.

A lot more fun than wandering around another museum, or church, especially if you have any imagination, or remember how much fun it is to PLAY. Talk about relaxing and people watching, it's a gold mine. And whether you go in the states or in Europe you see people from all over the world, and they are all having fun. Maybe we are not so different after all.

Everything at Disney is first class, it is the cleanest series of amusement parks anywhere, and they go out of their way to provide good entertainment of a huge mix.

It's in the details.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:52 AM
kate

John, SOME Europeans go there, the vast majority do not. But isn't it great that we aren't all the same? I would HATE to go, but my sister, who has 4 kids and loves nothing better than a beer, some junk food and some cheap thrills for the kids, would LOVE it.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:55 AM
kate

I think another thing to remember, is that whilst you may come over to Europe to experience different cultures, history, language etc don't forget that for Europeans this is nothing new, we're surrounded by it, and sometimes we just want to have a bit of fun, or lie on a beach, or basically anything that doesn't feel like a school field trip.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:03 AM
Martine

It is very simple: Disneyland (Paris) or Disneyworld is not made for people who don't feel the magic!

The Disney Studios in Paris are not big deal (except for the rock and roller coaster), but the MGM in Florida is fantastic!

We love it!

Oct 23rd, 2002, 06:39 AM
James

I'm just curious why European, particularly those from the UK, always visit Florida in July or August, the very worst two months of the year to go there because of the heat. I'm not talking about people with children, as school holidays dictate their travel dates, but so many people without children seem to do this, and I just don't understand it.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:10 AM
Karen

James

Who knows! Maybe those people work in a profession where they have to take their holidays at a certain time also (e.g. teachers). I've been to Florida 3 times, as I have a friend who lives there, twice in November and once in March. Even at those times it was mostly too hot and humid for me, but then I'm not a fan of hot weather, unlike some Brits who LOVE that kind of weather.... Ignorance could be a big factor too, probably the main one!