Reload this Page >

European Laundry Question-need help??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Mary

While visiting Switzerland (and other cities in Europe), we have used a great laundry drying device. It is a folding rack that opens up to allow clothes to dry flat, indoors or outdoors. I'd love to optain one here in the USA but don't even know where to begin to find one or what they're called. Anyone know? Thanks, Mary

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:51 AM
bettyk

Mary, I did a search on google.com for "Laundry Rack" and several websites came up. I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.spacesavers.com/lanudryrack.html

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:43 AM
xxx

Try one of those linen stores such as Linens 'n Things or Strouds.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:43 AM
xx

<BR>I got one at K-Mart. You could try WalMart or Target. Its a flat net about 2.5 feet square, but everything folds up. <BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Bob

My wife bought one of these in Germany in 1970 when I was in the Army and we lived there. She still uses it today and it still has the German moving company sticker on it from when we shipped out in 1971. The thing was built to last. It was standing tall this morning with items drying on it. It was fun to see someone looking for one.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Sherry

When my son first attended college, I got one for him at Ikea. But that was 10 or 12 years ago, so cannot say if they still sell them.