Notices

European December

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European December

We always want to spend Christmas-NYear outside of our home. If you ever went somewhere at the end of December and still cherish that moment - please, share.
Thanks

(P.S. You don't have to walk hand-in-hand, you coould had wild party - as long as it was memorable I will read it) THANKS
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

So everyone is staying home or there no places in Europe that look good in December? Or it is too expensive? I know - everyone want to go somewhere for NYear so you keep it to yourselves...
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:23 AM

It was the week after Christmas, 1988. Paris. Several months before DH and I were married. VERY romantic.

As New Years eve approached, the city got more and more crowded...but they seemed like mostly Italian (and not American) tourists.

New Years Eve was the wildest I've ever experienced. At one point we were coming out of a restaurant and a crowd of people came running toward us...the police had tear gassed a group a people not too far away. Guys on the street would just grab me and kiss me; guys were diving through the open sun roofs of cars, kissing the girls inside. We sat out at a cafe until 4 am, just watching the scene.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

and hoping for more kisses? I bet you did! WOW! It was the wildest but I can't do this...bummer! I will have to pay someone to create whole scene for me and I am sure it'll be costly...Thanks for the story!
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:13 PM

Okay, so now I have to tell you the end of the story. When we were almost to our hotel at 4 am, this drunk, dirty old guy grabs me and kisses me. I asked my sweetheart why he didn't stop him. Sweetheart said, "You didn't seem to mind it when all those OTHER guys were kissing you...."
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:03 PM

We aren't the wild party type so if that's what you're looking for I can't help. But we had a wonderful Christmas in Paris in 2003:
http://rozault.com/Paris2003/
and in Nice last year:
http://rozault.com/riviera2005/

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM

What fun, nonnafelice! I really enjoyed your pictures! MezzaLuna is a favorite of ours , too. Try their roasted squid starter!

I think we will have to try for a Christmas in Paris soon!