europe in 18 days

Search

europe in 18 days

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
europe in 18 days

Hi everyone, I'm planning a europe trip for 18 days max. Can anyone suggest an itinerary for me? I'm flying from the Philippines and any information will be a great help to me! Thanks!
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Btw, this will be in March 2012. Thanks!
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM

Your question is too broad for us to provide good information. Without knowing anything about why you have chosen Europe, what your interests are, and so forth, It would be difficult to make some suggestions. What type of things do you hope to do? Love/hate . . . shopping? art? museums? hiking? fine dining? driving? you get the idea.
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

hi ellenem:

My interests are to visit the famous spots in europe, take a lot of pictures, museums are great, a little fine dining, a little shopping, and no driving . I came up with an IT , paris-geneva-venice-florence-rome-barcelona. Is this workable? TIA!
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM

Does your 18 days include your travel days on each end? If not, that leaves you with 16 days on the ground. Count for 1/2 a day travel each time you change locations - checking out, getting to train/plane, waiting for train/place, travel, doing it again on the other side....

With your time I would pick 3-4 places MAX so that you have time to enjoy and see sites in the places you visit.

As for where to go - I recommend getting some guide books and see what grabs your attention. What you like to do you can do in any major city in Europe.

When looking at flight look for open jaw, into one place and out of another to save the backtracking.

One idea would be Paris - Venice - Florence - Rome (flying between Paris and Venice and taking the trains between the rest.
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 01:54 AM

Congrats on your trip from Phillipines check on visa

Your IT would be good easy to do have done it...

eurocheapo.com good tips

eueolines.com bus pass cheapest

seat61.com hop local trains nice more money

Bus pass saves train pass always a rip off skip it.

Money Changers are the biggest rip off bring

a Visa CC if you can or coinmill.com for your rate

and change money with care only at big banks.

Paris Geneva Venice Rome Barecelona totally doable

skyscanner.net for flights econo can save

airasia.com to europe can save.

Happy Planning!
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 01:55 AM

backpackeurope.com nice hostels

www.eurolines.com bus pass

usually the cheapest it can be done

if super budget.
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

hi jamikins , thank you for your reply. Yes it does include travel days on each end. I can extend a few days if it seems fit. I saw some easyjet flights on the net, might include them for my city to city flight to cut the waiting for the trains.

Hello, qwovadis, Thank you also for the tips.I'll check on the sites that you provided.
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 07:08 AM

emsy24 - I have almost always found flying to take longer because you need to get to the airport, get through security about 2 hours in advance, wait for the plane, fly, get luggage, get into the city.

For trains you can just walk up a few minutes before and get on the train - plus trains usually go city centre to city centre so you dont need to take the time or money to get to and from the airports on either side.

If you are going to do a budget airline be sure you look at their very strict luggage allowances and ensure you are below - they will be very strict with it!
Old Nov 9th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
paris-geneva-venice-florence-rome-barcelona

Paris - Venice - Florence - Rome

March is in our winter and the days tend to be short and cold so you need to pack some layers, an umbrella and some reasonably waterproof shoes. As you go into Italy the weather will generally get warmer even so plan for miserable and it will be nicer.

Each city gives you 4 days entertainment. I think Paris and Florence has more stuff outside the city as well as inside. I think I might try to knock one more off your list but I admit it is hard to know which one, maybe do Venice as a day trip from Florence.

Thoughts guys?