Esperas vs. Perivolas hotel???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can't decide on which hotel we should stay in, Esperas or Perivolas in Santorini. It appears that alot of people love Esperas but my travel agent is insisting that Perivolas is just amazing. Does anyone have an opinion on thi?
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 10:25 PM

Did you do a search, there are several threads with the question.
We chose Esperas (about $230 USD per night or higher in season) because it was literally less than half of what Perivolas cost and I didn't think Perivolas (or Katikies) was worth it (About $550 USD per night or higher). The rooms are not that different and neither are the views. Both have awesome views. Yes, the Perivolas has an infinity pool, but that doesn't justify it, and mya hve higher end touches in the room. They are both considered "A" class hotels by Greek travel agencies. They both have websites, do a virtual tour and judge for yourself. They both get excellent visitor reviews.

Just to give you a perspective on our tastes, we are staying at a very pricey world renown hotel in Crete because it is an amazing resort and worth the $600 per night.

Brotherleelove2004 may add his opinion here, but you may find it posted elsewhere.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

What hotel is it that you are staying in Crete that is so amazing. We are staying at the Blue Palace.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 10:10 PM

Other than the price, I think the only other difference worth mentioning between these two hotels is their respective locations. Esperas is on the very end of the island facing West, with an unobstructed sunset view and a partially obstructed view of the Caldera. Perivolas is on the far end of the village from Esperas with an unobstructed view of the caldera, but the curve of the island and the rest of the village almost always blocks the sunset. See the sunset photo on their website to see what I mean: http://www.perivolas.gr/views.htm

Both settings are spectacular.

Old Mar 11th, 2006, 01:58 PM

We are staying at the Elounda Beach Hotel in Crete.