Search

Ephesus Tour

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ephesus Tour

If you have had any experience with medtours.com I would appreciate hearing about it. I am considering them for our tour in Ephesus, and haven't read much about them. Thanks
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM

I used:[email protected]. Excellent service, very knowledgeable guide and driver. right price. they have several ways to go.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:29 AM

I was in Ephesus a couple of weeks ago as part of an island hopping cruise.We had about seven hours in Port.I did not join the ships tour but instead got a taxi at the port of Kusadasi and was dropped of at the main entrance to Ephesus.There were numerous shops selling guide books of this ancient place and I found it very interesting just wandering through the ruins were Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once throd as did St Paul and St John just to name a few.I also went to the temple of Artemis (Diana) which the ship cruise did not visit.My taxi driver also took me to a carpet fatory and a government warehouse selling gold and silver.In all I had agreed a sum of 75 euros and the driver was in no rush at all. I was with him about 4 hours.Very friendly people and the most exciting place we went to on the cruise.I,m glad I made my own way and was not part of a hugh tour group. There are also buses from Kusadasi to Ephesus.
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:52 AM

you can find most helpful info about that region from a local forum site, with all videos, pics and recent comments

www.kusadasi.biz/ephesus/
Old May 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM

I haven't had any experience with medtours.com, but you might want to check Turkeytravelplanner.com, and see if they are one of the listed agencies on that site.

We booked our tour through ANKARA TRAVEL, based in Kusadisi, and had a fantastic time with our guide. I'd highly recommend them!

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 12:16 AM

We used Ekol Travel for a one-day Ephesus tour and were satisfied. We took an early morning flight from Istanbul to Izmir and were picked up at the airport. Ekol Travel provided an air-conditioned minivan, driver, and licensed English-speaking guide for just the two of us. Tour destinations were Ephesus, St. John's Basilica, House of the Virgin Mary, and the Temple of Artemis. Ephesus was by far the most extensive and (for us) the most interesting of these. We were dropped off at the airport in the late afternoon for our return flight to Istanbul. Total cost (including flights) was 309 USD per person.

If we had planned further in advance, we would have tried to go around Ephesus ourselves and avoid the obligatory shopping visits (leather goods and carpets, in our case). Ephesus is a fair distance from Izmir airport, so we would have had to rent a car or make arrangements with a taxi driver.