Enjoy Rome tours

Old Sep 16th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enjoy Rome tours

Has anyone gone on any tours w/ this company? I'm interested in the Vatican City tour and the Ancient City tour. Would you recommend seeing these areas on a 3 hr tour vs going it on our own? Thanks!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 06:29 AM
pj

We did the Trastervere tour last March. There were 3 of us! It was great, very informative lively guide. PJ
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
My daughter and I took both the Ancient Rome and Vatican tours with Enjoy Rome in March. Originally I had just signed up for the Ancient Rome tour but we enjoyed it so much that we went on the Vatican tour the next day.

The guide for the Ancient and Old Rome tour was a young Italian woman studying for her PhD in classical archeology at the University of Rome. She spoke excellent English and had a great sense of humor and plenty of energy and enthusiasm. I was very glad that we had taken this tour, especially in the Forum, which would have been much more confusing to see on our own.

The guide for the Vatican tour was a young English woman who had studied art. I do believe we got much more out of the museum than we would have done on our own.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:43 AM

I've done the Ancient City tour and it was excellent. Besides enjoying all the sites with a very energetic, informative and funny guide, it was a great introduction to Rome and a good thing to do to get acquainted with the area.(learned short cuts to Trevi, Spanish Steps). Our guide was also helpful in pointing out good restaurants.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:57 AM

I've done both walks, and have nothing but good to say. Both the Vatican and the Ancient Rome were fantastic tours, filled with information and humour. Worth each cent! Californian Silvia was our perfect guide. If you go alone I guess you will loose more than 90% compared to join Enjoy Rome. And one little detail: When being guided in a group in the Vatican, you leave by a small exit very close to the St. Peter's. Alone you have to make a fairly long detour.
On my next visit I guess I will try Enjoy Rome's 4 hours bicycling tour.
Have fun.

Bjorn, Oslo
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 05:11 PM

I did the Ancient City and Trastevere tours the end of January. They were very informative and since they were quite small groups at the time even more enjoyable. Highly recommended.
Have a great trip,
Mara
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 08:04 AM

If you want a great tour company for Rome, check out Vatican Tours & Beyond. They have a website. They where the best!