Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English speaking Ukrainian translator required in Lviv

Hi

My name is Christian

My fiancé and myself intend to visit the Ukraine in May of 2013

Our intention is to spend a week in the city of Lviv

We require a translator for this period of time

We are both English requiring an English speaking translator

The visit would involve approaching hotels, churches etc asking questions to whether a blessing could be arranged

I'd appreciate if anyone could help with a reasonably priced Ukrainian translator please ?
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM

Why?
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM

You're going to ask hotels for a blessing?

If you were serious you would have contacted the Lviv tourist board.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want a church blessing how come your church can't contact a church there?

You don't need a translator for much of anything in Lviv.
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM

And it would be an interpreter, not a translator.
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 01:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies.

My family originate from the Ukraine hence the my name "Okopskyj" (Grandfather who passed away last year), ideally we wanted to get married in the Ukraine as homage and appreciation to such a wonderful man he was and of course my Ukrainian roots but after approaching the Ukrainian Embassy in the UK a wedding sounded far too complicated and unrealistic hence a blessing as a 2nd choice.

We'd like to be blessed in a church followed by a reception in a hotel but our requirements may well be outsourced due to choice and costings depending on what hotels can offer.

Taking the above into account we were unsure of peoples English in Lviv and wanted to ensure we could gather all the information we required within the week we visited via the knowledge and language of a "Interpreter/guide" enabling us to approach all aspects/life of the Ukraine, not just main stream.

Sorry StCirq, your right, it should be interpreter or guide also.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM

Anydody tell me please, how to answer to be not removed. Two days ago I posted my reply and it was successfully removed (and another guy's too). We both are from Ukraine. What this forum is for then?
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It probably looked like an ad to someone, who alerted the forum editors/moderators.
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM

I know orkomaestro. Twenty years ago I was driving around Poland with nothing particular in mind except the adventure of it. I drove up to the Ukrainian border at a one-man border post and was refused entry because I didn't have a visa and this guard was not able to sell me one. But he directed me to a main road south of there where I bought a visa and drove to L'viv, not knowing anything about the city. Orest overheard me in a store the next morning speaking English and offered to help me around. He spent the day guiding me and interpreting. His English is just about perfect and he is a native of L'viv. We have kept up the correspondence for two decades. I almost got to see him again about 6 years ago when I was traveling through the Baltics and Poland but I ran out of time and had to catch a plane with a ticket that couldn't be changed. Orest's email is orkomaestro at yahoo point com. He is not in the commercial guide business. I think he is retired. I forget what his profession was, maybe an engineer since he has worked on industrial construction projects. If he is willing to show you around I recommend him highly.