Reload this Page >

Eloping in Italy

Search

Eloping in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 02:23 PM
jen

Eloping in Italy

Has anyone eloped in Italy? I'm looking for some information on where to start with our planning. We're thinking late September/early August, possibly in Venice or somewhere along the Amalfi coast.

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 02:39 PM
howard

Can't help you except to say, "What a great idea! Either Venice or the Amalfi coast would be perfect!"

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Christina

Do you have your priorities right! I would suggest Menaggio in the lake district. It's more affordable than Bellagio and very quaint. We honeymooned there. Bellagio is a short ferry ride across the lake.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 03:25 AM
Mustangs81

Jen, I don't think it can be classified as eloping (my daughter is just shy), but we are planning a civil ceremony in Florence for her and her fiancée. We have researched and found numerous wedding planners who will put together destination wedding packages. We have found one that was recommended by several people on the Italian Consulate Discussion Board. There are numerous documents that need to be translated and submitted, some one to officiate, witnesses...well I could go on but all of that information can be found on websites. Do a search on "destination weddings", that will lead you to sites to choose from, or start here http://www.ultimatewedding.com/destination/article3.htm. The one we are using is Sandra Santoro, ATLANTIS Traduzioni.

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 04:34 AM
Mustangs81

P.S. Jen, the website for Sandra is http://www.gettingmarriedintialy.com

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:07 PM
LBB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My husband and I didn't really elope but we did have a civil service in Italy. It was the best way to avoid the circus that a wedding in the U.S. can become. We used a site www.italyweddings.com where a wedding coordinator helped us take care of all of the planning and paperwork. We were married in the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence Italy. Talking to friends who have had the traditional weddings make me thankful that we decided to do this. Based on the things that they had to say this was so much easier (and cheaper).