We want to get married in Italy: Amalfi Coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there are alot of postings on this topic but have been spinning my wheels. We want to get married Sept 29 of this year in Amalfi or Positano. We are hoping to have between 20-30 guests. If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations that would be great. Also, I have been searching on google to try and get a rough idea of what this will cost. Is it comparable to the cost of a wedding in the US? Also we are starting our honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast.
Thanks,
Robyn
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM

My fiance' is Italian and we decided not to get married in Italy, one large factor influencing our decision being that Italian weddings are much more expensive. Whereas I was able to find a variety of caterers to do a simple meal for around $30 a head in Northern California, the cheapest available here, in our Tuscan town, was about 55 Euro a head (price from 2004 from friend's wedding-- may be higher now). That's about $66 American. Although, your guest list is much more limited than mine, but I don't know if you plan to defray travel/accomodation expenses for your guests. Depends on your budget. South Italy many also differ in price. Also, beware Italian burearacy. Consider using some kind of service to file the necessary paperwork, unless one of you is fluent in Italian and has a lot of patience. I have no actually experience with registering a foreign marriage, but my genberall experience with Italian beauracy leads me to be highly suspicious.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 03:33 PM

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...p;tid=34549513

This is a thread from one of our posters who got married in Italy, complete with photos.
If you put Wedding in Italy into the Search Box, you can get tons of information..
Congratulations!
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:48 AM

Robyn - LaCalla is a local agency. You could contact them for a quote/info.

http://www.lacalla.it/english/default.asp

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

thank you all for your input. We have decided to stick w/ the wedding in the US mainly because its 6 months away and to fly our family over would be costly for 20 people. Shan33 congrats on finding a place for $30 a head. On the east coast unless you are planning something small that's impossible!
Congrats.
Robyn