Anyone flown since Orange Alert?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm flying from LGA on Thursday and I'm wondering what changes and delays, if any, have occured since last Friday. If you watch all the hype on the news (unavoidable in this area), supposedly they've stepped up security (what now, cavity searches?), especially in NY and Washington.<BR><BR>So, any feedback from those flying this week? Want to know how early to arrive, thanks. My husband was supposed to fly to London this week with 2 co-workers and they cancelled because of this terror alert. This was the company's decision, not theirs.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:53 AM

Hi nina,<BR>My son is flying to Japan on Friday. The car service says that he still has to be at the airport 3 hours ahead and Continental reminded him to NOT lock his luggage. He will be using big straps and carrying on anything that is precious to him. <BR> I am hoping all the security does discourage anyone thinking of doing something bad.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Scarlett. I flew out 2 weeks ago and it was more congested and backed up than immediately after 9/11. I thought this might have been to the &quot;new&quot; security measures implemented 1/1/03. Now they're saying they're taking even MORE security measures, so I don't know what to expect, other than long lines and lots of waiting.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 04:13 PM

Not only did I fly since the new alert but I also visited an Islamic country in North Africa.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 01:11 PM

I flew domestically. Security lines at National Airport were very long, but virtually non-existant at Miami.
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:18 PM

I flew to and from Mexico this week, and had no delays on either end. 2 hours was more than enough time.<BR><BR>then again, the airport wasn't all that crowded either. and the flight back from Mexico City was darn near empty. two people per row, one on each side (practically).