Easyjet question

Search

Easyjet question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet question

We are looking at booking a flight from Sicily to Paris in March. The only option I can find is to fly from Palermo to Rome and then on to Paris. I don't mind doing this but I am worried about the connection time and my luggage getting there. We will arrive in Rome at 8:10 am and depart for Paris at 10:10 am. When I look at the tickets on Easyjet, I can buy them all together. Does this mean that the luggage is checked to the next flight? We have flown Easyjet before and I have looked at all of the smaller carriers and they appear to have one of the better records. Any help is appreciated.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM

I've only flown easyjet point to point so can't answer your question.

With something like this, I would contact easyjet directly for a definitive answer.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I am pretty sure that you can't check your luggage all the way though. you are buying 2 completely separate flights, and when you arrive on the first flight, arrives, the luggage will all come off it, and go onto the luggage reclaim belt.

if you don't pick it up, that's where it'll stay.

you can't reckon on them holding the 2nd flight if the first one is delayed.

also, you may have to go out through passport control, check in for the 2nd flight at the check-in desk, and then go back through passport control for the next flight. as you usually have to check-in at least 30 mins before an easyjet flight [unless you manage to do it on-line, though you would still need to do the bag-drop] that means that you'd need to check-in at the latest by 9.40. you ought to be able to make it, but there would be no guarantees.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM

BTW - i just checked easyjet, and i can see direct flights from Catania to Paris in March [tuesday, thursday and Sundays]

here's the link:

http://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flig...rles-de-Gaulle
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Have a look here:
http://www.whichbudget.com/routes/PM...-to-paris.html

It appears that Easyjet flies direct to Orly (although I didn't check the dates) and other airlines go direct into CDG.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:04 AM

I dont think easyjet will check anything through, they will be 2 separate tickets...meaning if the first one is late you are SOL, even though it is the same airline...and even if its just a bit late you will still need to collect your bags, and recheck in within the time limits (which they are VERY strict about). I wouldnt do this to be honest unless you had a lot of time in between.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

I got my answer by reading the FAQ sheet on Easyjet. Should've done that first. Sorry. They consider the flights separate so we have to pick up luggage and then recheck. They also say to leave 2 hours so we should be ok. I have already checked the flights from Catania but they don't fly out on Wednesday and that is when we are leaving. Palermo-Paris does not start until July. Thanks for all of your replies.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Irock - they DO fly on Tuesdays and Thursdays. couldn't you change your plans a little to take advantage of that? it would be much easier.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM

<i>They also say to leave 2 hours so we should be ok.</i>

NO YOU AREN'T. As people keep pointing out Easyjet are a point to point airline.
It is your responsibility and yours alone to ensure you make the onward flight.
If you don't then Easyjet are under no responsibility to help you except to point out how to buy a new ticket.
Easyjet, unlike Ryanair, MAY allow you to rebook on a later flight but that isn't a guarantee..
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM

In my experience the low fare airlines fly on time. This may not, of course, be an absolute as nothing is, but their profit margin comes from quick turnaround and no messing about. It's also why the flight times tend to be early and late. Land, dump the load, pick up another and off again. So you're more likely to be able to count on the landing and departure times. I don't recall ever being on a low fare flight that left late.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:29 AM

Afraid I can, easyjet London-Gatwick to Toulouse early Sept, one hour 45 min. delay because the ground crew and flight attendants couldn't reconcile the headcount!

I was sitting toward the front and think it was finally resolved by the captain.

It only takes one time.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM

"It only takes one time."

Very true. My point was that there's an excellent (not perfect) chance of being on time.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM

I don't recall ever being on a low fare flight that left late.>>

I can - and funnily enough that was a bristol - Toulouse easyjet flight as well. don't know why - but the one back was also delayed.

it's no comfort that they are generally on time if yours is late. i don't understand why you'd chance it, when there is such an easy alternative.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Even if there is 9 in 10 chance of being able to make the connection, the other one is going to cost you megabucks, like 200 euro/head for a new ticket, or enforced overnight in Rome, or fly via another airline with a lastminute ticket.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM

Also all true, but the OP seems intent on taking those flights. If playing the odds, best make a decision with all the cards on the table and I think they have that now.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

We cannot leave on Tuesday or Thursday as the flights are arriving at Orly late and I need to get to my friend's apartment and ger the key from the Gardienne at a reasonable hour. Also, we are visiting some family on Sicily and are planning to be there for St. Joseph's day on monday and would like to stay Tuesday also. I am still deciding what to do. We have taken Easyjet before coming and going to Palermo and all of the flights have been on time, but as others have said, it just takes one time.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM

in fact, lrock, the Catania flights go into CDG, if that makes any difference but I agree they don't arrive til late - after 10pm. the only ones that are at a reasonable time are the saturday ones.

could you connect through somewhere else? as you are only stopping to get to Paris, it really doesn't matter where you go.

if you look at going from catania via Milan, on the wednesday, there is a flight at about 8am out of catania, for €19, arriving about 10am, and an afternoon flight to CDG at about 15.00 for €25. ok, you have a long time to wait at Milan, but you have a much wider window to play with.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Still looking. I looked at Milan and Catania also. I have that same option in Rome which is what I will probably do. I was just trying to find a way to ge there as early as I can so I can ge the keys.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM

With check-in closing at 9.30, you are leaving yourself an incredibly small window of 90 minutes. Even if your plane lands at 8.10, factoring in plane taxi, time to disembark and getting to baggage collection, waiting for luggage, then heading to the check in to check in again, it will be tight - and if there is a delay at any point, you'll miss your flight.

Having flown easyjet/ryanair etc probably more than 50 times, there is no way I would rely on their punctuality.

The one thing that easyjet is 100% punctual on, is closing their checkin desk at preciously the close time.

Easyjet's missed flight FAQs
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answ.../missed-flight