Easyjet and Ryanair

Search

Easyjet and Ryanair

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2003, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet and Ryanair

Anyone who's had ANY problems at all with either Ryanair or Easyjet?

Please list them and if you've had delays, and how manyy minutes/hours were they, and departure/destination?

I will be booking hotels on my own and will lose accomodation time if my itenerary gets messed up by flight delays.

Would you recommend using the biggers airlines instaed like Lauda, BA, Alitalia, or are their delays the same?
Old May 21st, 2003, 10:25 PM

You may find some useful information on this website: http://www.flybudget.com/index2.html - if you scroll down there is info on all the main European budget airlines, and you can read other people's comments and ratings.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:22 AM

I'm not sure anecdotal evidence from Fodorites is going to give you the answers you want - we've all suffered delays on ALL airlines at some point. Check the statistics, but there's never any guarantees, particularly in this day and age of heightened security.

What do you mean you'll miss accomodation "time"? I don't know any hotel that expects you to check in by a certain time.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 04:31 AM
Reg

I have flown Ryanair a couple of times and both times experienced extremely inconvenient delays, the first time it was a flight from Cork to Stanstead and it was so late that we missed the last express train to London (a black cab will set you back about 70 pounds) and the second time we had to wait over 1 and 1/2 hours for our luggage (Pisa to Stanstead). I have only flown Easyjet once but it was great. It was also out of Luton, which I prefer as I live in North London and it is very small and convenient. Flying Easyjet is a bit like flying Southwest. One piece of advice, if you are looking for cheap interEuropean flights, try BMI, they offer full service with cheap flights (not sure how they compete, but oh well). We recently flew from Heathrow to Palma (Mallorca) and it was great!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:18 AM

I have never flown RyanAir but have used Easyjet extensively and have only experienced one minor delay. Never had any other type of problem. I highly recommend them.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 05:40 AM

No problems with Easyjet at all. Very good value, and makes nice continental weekends freely available at reasonable prices! Just make sure you check in on time - they don't hang about!
Old May 22nd, 2003, 06:09 AM

Used Easyjet several times, better performance than the more expensive carriers I used before.
I've been advised to check in early when flying Ryanair to avoid overbooking probs, but this is hearsay.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 07:32 AM

Used Easyjet 4 times on our honeymoon and had NO problems. The seats were bigger than our Air Transat flight over to Europe, and the service was way better! I will definately use them again!