EasyJet

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 08:48 AM
fran

EasyJet

Has anyone flown on EasyJet? They have some great fares between LGW and Nice. The fares are so much lower than on the "majors" but I wanted to get some opinions before I book. Thanks.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Elaine

Lots of people have flown EasyJet, in fact it's arguably the most successful UK-based airline at the moment. However, you do need to be aware of exactly why their fares are so much lower than the big airlines and this is pretty well explained on their website at http://www.easyjet.com/en/about/aboutourfares.html

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 01:36 PM
aaron

I flew easyjet from london luton to athens in jan 2001. no complaints at all. i had a long flight from california to london with a connection on to athens. i booked on the easyjet website and had no problems. it was an easy connection from gatwick to luton and the flight to athens was on time. the flight was four hours and reminded me of southwest here in america. chatted with the lady next to me, who was from canada, and enjoyed the flight. would definitely fly them again!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:11 AM
Lesley

Easyjet is a very successful "no frills" airline. They keep the costs down by cutting out frills. So, food and drink on the plane costs. There is no seat allocation, instead they give you a number when you check in and they board on the basis of first come first served (eg we are now boarding those with numbers 1 to 30). They don't use major airports (Gatwick being an exception). Apart from that, they are great value.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:51 AM
dfc

Sounds like they borrowed Southwest Airlines successful formula.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:54 AM
beth anderson

very good flight - just did it last month as a matter of fact (one way, Nice to LGW)

I've been on Easyjet a few times now. no probs at all.

beth

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 06:23 AM
fran

Thanks to all who replied to my question about EasyJet. You helped me feel comfortable about booking with them. I just booked my tickets from LGW to Nice for about 99USD (for 2 tickets)which seems like a good price. I could have even gotten a lower fare but the times didn't work for me.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 12:30 PM
babyjane

Just flew back from Barcelona with Easyjet. We had a rather camp air steward doing the cabin announcements and his repartee was making everybody laugh. When we touched down at Luton he said over the PA: "Thank you for flying Easyjet today. We do realise that you have a choice of airlines on this route. If you have enjoyed your flight today, please tell your friends. If you haven't, then lets just keep it our little secret eh?" Very funny!