Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Easy transportation between Montespertoli and Florence, etc

Feb 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Any suggestions on easiest mode of transportation, other than a rental car, to travel between our rental in Montespertoli and Florence, Siena, San Gimigiano (sp), Pisa, Lucca, etc.????
Thank you
Feb 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM

There is not a train station in Montespertoli, so I think you will need to taxi to the nearest town with a train station- perhaps Castelfiorentino. You can then take the train to Florence, Siena, Pisa and Lucca. There are several buses a day from Siena to SG.

If it was me, I would rent a car.
Mar 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Zoecat.
Was hoping to get info re: train or bus to and from Montespertoli and Florence. I thought I had heard that there may be bus service.
We are planning to rent a car for the other Tuscan villages.
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:34 PM

This info is from Le Torri in Montespertoli. Their website also has info about nearby grocery stores, etc.

BUS SERVICES TO AND FROM FLORENCE.
There are two possibilities :
1) From Le Torri to Florence and return
2) From Cerbaia (5 minutes away by car) to Florence and return

1) BUS SERVICE FROM LE TORRI TO FLORENCE AND RETURN.
The “SITA” bus stop is about 5 minutes away on foot. The bus arrives in the centre of Florence near the train station in Via S. Caterina da Siena. There are not many departures from here, only 1 leaving at 7:00 a.m. and arriving in Florence at 8:00 a.m. Florence – Le Torri from Monday to Friday: Depart Florence at 17:35 and arrive at Le Torri at 18:35 Depart Florence at 18.35 and arrive at Le Torri at 19:35 Florence – Le Torri Saturday Depart Florence at 13:35 and arrive at Le Torri at 14:35 The price for a one-way ticket is Euro 2,40 per person.

2) BUS SERVICE FROM CERBAIA TO FLORENCE AND RETURN. Cerbaia is a small town about 5 minutes by car. There are many connections to Florence arriving near the train station in Via S.Caterina da Siena. Cerbaia to Florence Depart Cerbaia 8:50 arrival in Florence 9:30 Depart Cerbaia 9:45 arrival in Florence 10:20 Depart Cerbaia 11:35 arrival in Florence 12:15 Florence to Cerbaia Depart Florence 16:00 arrival in Cerbaia 16:40 There is a bus about every 45 minutes. The last bus departs Florence at 20:10 and arrives in Cerbaia at 20:45 The price for a one-way ticket is Euro 2,00.

www.letorri.com

Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

KYBourbon - thank you for your wealth of info. I checked the suggested website and printed out the info. Makes me feel better about commuting between Florence and our villa in Montespertoli.