Easter Week in Paris, too late?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mom, sister and I have gotten the bug (thanks to me) to go to Paris. I was shooting for mid-March but my mom can't go until the end of March, early April. Ideally, we'd like to go 3/31-4/7, which we know is Easter Week.. The flights are more than we want to spend.

Should I expect another chance at a halfway decent deal? We're flying from SFO, would love non-stop but if we had to stop I'd prefer a U.S. connection. Right now everything is around $900 including taxes/fees. We were hoping for under $700. Are we crazy to expect to snag something like this two months out?

TIA

Dana
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:34 PM

yeah, I think so, if you want a nonstop flight most of the way all the way from SFO to Paris, during a holiday week and travel mainly in April. I don't think it's the two months out thing so much as the other factors.
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina, I thought as much!
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

If anyone reads this again...I found a flight by tweaking my dates from 4/4 to 4/11 on the united deal. However, they're only giving us an hour in Chicago layover. The price is amazing but I know that connection time isn't going to work. What to do...
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 06:36 PM

We were in Paris last March, during Lent, and found out that Notre Dame has the crown of thorns purchased by St. Louis and also relics of the cross and nail. They are venerated on Fridays during Lent. Check w/ Notre Dame for times. God to see these and were pretty impressed.
By the way, Saint Chappelle was built by ST. Louis to keep the Crown of Thorns worn by Jesus at his crucifixion. To me it looks like a straw wreath. They keep it enclosed in glass. Hubby got some good pics of it. Thought you'd like to know. We consider ourselves fortunate because that is the only time of the year these relics are shown to the public.