easiest way Miami-Toulouse

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need the least stressful way from Miami to Toulouse. ie: go tru London,Paris, Dublin. I want the most easy airport transfers with the least amount of layover time. If I arrive in the Am what airlines will take me to my final destination ,Toulouse without great transfer hassles. Please give advice,thanks
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 04:11 AM

"I want, I need..." Well, you know, there are wonderful tools on the Internet known as expedia.com, opodo.fr, orbitz.com, etc, and I think these are likely to accommodate your needs. The people on this forum are not walking airline databases, but human beings who can give advice on more specific, more human, requirements.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 04:20 AM

LOL at least she/he said please/thank you..
I think of my kids asking me "mummy I want that!"
first poster, will learn fast how it works here ;-)
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 05:08 AM

I'm sorry to intrude on this but I'm pretty nw to actually posting here and I don't quite understand what the concern is about.

It seems to me that Fritome's request is for advice on specific human requirements and I also don't think those airline search engines would be nearly as likely to tell people about any possible luggage problems at certain airports or airport sizes and ease of getting around and problems with transfers would they?

And what is this about "will learn fast how it works here" thing? like is there some sort of "initiation" we all have to get through before we can be treated like people who have worth??????
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 05:42 AM

Well, to sort of take Art's side, here's a kind of answer:

1. Only fritome can really check what the options actually are - from Opodo or wherever, or from www.nonrev.net. None of us know when fritome's travelling, or how convenient it might be to travel via Orlando - which at some times of the year has better connections to Europe than Miami

2. But in looking at options, Fritome would be wise to avoid LHR or CDG. Fritome must ensure the whole journey is on one ticket, preferably on the same or codeshared airline, since otherwise they're very likely to have to retrieve their baggage, go through customs at the intermediate airport and then queue to check in. Even if fritome can sweet-talk the checkin clerk to book bags through, fritome will still have to get a boarding card at the intermediate airport unless the flight's codeshared.

3. Given we've ruled LHR out and there aren't any MIA-LGW flights, the least hassle airports would, all other things being equal, be Zurich or Manchester. Everywhere else in Europe (there are no flights from Ireland to Toulouse), fritome would have to go through immigration at the intermediate airport.

4. If there aren't convenient flights to Zurich or Manchester, then fritome wants same airline or codeshared flights via Frankfurt, Amsterdam or Madrid. This almost certainly means flights on KL,LH or IB.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 05:48 AM

PS:

My brain went to sleep. Of course there are flights from Dublin to Toulouse. I meant, of course, that there are no flights from Miami to Dublin.
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 07:09 AM

I just flew Toulouse to Amsterdam to San Francisco on Sunday. Amxterdam is a wonderful airport and it was about a leisurely 20 min walk from our arriving terminal to the departing terminal.

Fritome - the "least amount of layover time" is not a good idea at all. I always try to allow 2 1/4 hrs on the flight to Europe where I will go through immigration. At Amsterdam, customs was about a 5 min wait in line, but I've waited as much as 1 hr at CDG or LHR.

Like most others said, do your own research on possible hub airports. I have flown SFO to Frankfurt to Toulouse on several occasions. Avoid CDG & LHR.

Stu Dudley
Old Sep 29th, 2005, 07:42 AM

I'd do the Air France flight from Miami to CDG to Toulouse. Just make sure you don't have to change airports in Paris or London. Also better to not change airlines. This way, if the flight is late, the airline "should" come to your rescue.
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, to all the "NICE" people who took the time to give their advice. Of course I am aware of all the airfare /travel websites, what I do not appreciate is a reply like the first one. Only looking for advice to avoid unnecessary stress. Glad some of you understand
Old Sep 30th, 2005, 02:56 AM
ira

Hi frit,

I agree with Stu that quick connections are not necessarily the best connections.

Two hours is a good layover.

Check whats available at http://airtravelcenter.com/onetrav.htm
and
www.mobissimo.com