Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Early morning arrival in Paris - what to do with our bags until hotel check-in time

Early morning arrival in Paris - what to do with our bags until hotel check-in time

Jan 7th, 2003, 04:44 PM
jack

We will be arriving at CDG at 6am, and I was wondering if hotels in Paris allow you to leave your bags with them until it is time to check in to your room. (I don't know which hotel we will be staying at yet, so I can't check with the hotel).
Jack

Jan 7th, 2003, 04:51 PM
uhoh

Most have somewhere they can keep your bags until your room is ready. If you are traveling off-season, it is likely a room will be ready...but don't expect it.

Jan 7th, 2003, 04:52 PM
nancy

I'm sure every hotel will let you leave your luggage until check-in. I certainly have done that.

Jan 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Myer

I've never been to a hotel that didn't have storage ficilities for this purpose.

Jan 7th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Fred

Yes, your hotel will keep your bags for you until your room is ready.For more Paris information go to www.anamericaninparis.com

Jan 7th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Bob Brown

My experience is very similar to the others. After a 10 AM arrival at the hotel, I left my bags with the man who seemed to be jack of all trades. He understood what I needed.
I think I gave him 20 francs to take the several pieces of luggage up to my room after it was ready. Then we left the hotel for a few hours and started seeing the sights. When we returned to the hotel for a brief rest after lunch, everything had been put in our rooms.

Jan 7th, 2003, 06:44 PM
elizabeth

One suggestion - when I arrived at a similar early hour, I mentioned that I would arriving very early when I made the reservation - at that time they said they couldn't guarantee room availability but would note it. Then I sent an e-mail just as I was leaving for the airport to remind them of our early arrival in a few hours - when we arrived at the hotel at 8:30am our room was ready - due in part to the e-mail. It's worth a try as my last e-mail reached the desk staff just as people were checking out early, etc.

Jan 7th, 2003, 07:37 PM
jack

Thank you all for your advice. It is very comforting, as I was not looking forward to lugging our bags around paris all morning.
Elizabeth, thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try.
Best wishes. Jack

Jan 8th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Christina

Keep in mind that it will take you at least an hour to clear customs in Paris and collect your luggage and then 30-45 mins to get into Paris depending on if you take a car or the train. Most hotels off season will have the room ready. If not they have bell hops to keep your luggage until the room is ready at better hotels. You can do the same thing if you have to check out at a specific time and have a late flight.

Mar 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM

Guys, anyone have experience with "VacationinParis" apartments around this same issue?
Mar 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM

You topped a 10+ yo thread about hotels to ask a question about ViP apartments?

AFAIK - ViP sends you the keys so you can drop your bags off and leave while it is being serviced . . .
Mar 17th, 2013, 03:25 PM

Why don't you ask "VacationinParis"?