Reload this Page >

DAY HOTEL IN PARIS UPON EARLY ARRIVAL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Terri

Flying to Paris in two weeks from the West Coast. Plane arrives at 6:30 am. Cannot check into our hotel until noon. We'll be exhausted. Is there a place where we can crash for 3-4 hours at CDG or any of the train stations? I just want a quiet place and a shower.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:36 PM
m

We always reserve our hotel for the night before so that it is ours when we arrive in the morning. We explain that we won't actually arrive til the next morning, but it has never been a problem and its such a relief to arrive at the hotel and go straight into our room. Worth every penny!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Ron

Terri,<BR><BR>I've never had a problem checking in to a hotel after arriving in Europe in the morning. By the time you pick up your luggage, make the connections, etc. it will be more like 8:30 - 9:00 am. Later if you stop for breakfast somewhere. E-mail them the day before your flight and request an early check-in. More than likely they will accomadate you. Good luck.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:51 PM
coco

Let's assume your plane is on time..<BR>By the time you collect luggage and go through custom, then hit for downtown (roughly one hour)and lucky you if you make it by 8.30AM!! So what's the big deal..Have a couple of croissants and a good strong caf&eacute; noir and next thing you know it will be noon!!

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 03:31 PM
tina

Most every hotel will let you drop off luggage and I am never so tired that I can't take a walk and orient myself in the neighborhood.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Roma

I agree with Tina. Even though you'll be tired when you arrive you get energized. Walk around the city till your room is ready and then take a 2 hour nap.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Abby

Ignore that advice about taking a nap when you check in to your hotel - that will only magnify your jet lag/time warp. Try to stay awake until 10:00 pm and then take some Tylenol PM or similar. Otherwise you're going to be spending lots of nights waking up at 3:00 in the morning raring to go.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Christina

I just want a quiet place, also, but usually that means leaving my bags and going to a cafe and having a long lunch or something. I think someone did write a post on here at one time about going to the Hilton at the CDG airport and using their gym/pool for that reason. I think if you find their web site, non-guests can buy a daily pass to that, and that would include a shower room.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:22 PM
What?

Seems to me you're getting all kinds of advice but not an answer to your question. There is a short term hotel at CDG. I don't the terminal # its in, I believe they're called cacoons and have showers, rented by the hour.(look on the CDG website) Now my 2 cents;<BR> rest 2 hours maximum or you'll be messed up and I find if I can stay up until 7 or 8, (10? I'd be one tired and cranky b****!), and I'm good to go. And any hotel will keep your luggage for you as another already said.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:30 PM
crusty

Hotels that I have dealth with in Paris, Italy, &amp; Prague were only too willing to let us into the room upon arrival. I am sure that if a room was not emmediately available the would have let us have the first available room. I too wasted time and energy worring about this matter on our last trip.<BR><BR>What a stupid waste of money it would be to pay for the extra night.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:35 PM
terri

Thanks guys, you're all awesome. I can do a pretty good job of dragging my feet even if I'm dead tired but my spousal equivalent is more fragile and needs his rest.