Dubrovnik Lodging

Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Dubrovnik Lodging

I need advice. I am looking at renting an apartment in Dubrovnik vs staying in a hotel. What has your experience been with renting a place in the Old Town area? Has anyone ever rented a place from croatianvilla.com? Our other option is to stay at the Hilton but it seems way more expensive.
Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM

Do they have other offers I'm not seeing? because that link goes to a place that is no where near Dubrovnik.
There are 1000s of apartments available online.
Apts are def. nicer than hotels.
Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM

We had a decent apt. smack in the middle of Old Town. Much cheaper than a hotel, plus a kitchen, and nice landlords. The only problem is it's a little noisier (and bells at night), but only because we didn't use the a/c and had all the windows open.
Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM

We like to stay just outside the town walls (no stairs) at Dubrovnik Dream (the Ragusa Apartment). It is a cute apartment with a bedroom loft only about a block from the old town. Although it has no views there is a little bay near it that seems to be little known (at least when we've been there). The apartment is only 50 euros.

I, too, would definitely recommend an apartment over a hotel.
Apr 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM

We are traveling to Croatia with friends and want to stay in an apartment with sea views and private terrace or balcony. Can anyone recommend a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment or a place that would have 2 - 1 bedroom apartments.
Apr 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM

Try www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com They have a wonderful website which is easy to navigate. The young American couple who operate this website were very helpful in finding an apartment for us recently.
Apr 6th, 2008, 02:54 AM

bookladygram,

Thanks so much for the website. I've just had so much fun looking at the properties! It's also great to have a recommendation from someone who's used them. My husband and I were talking about Cavtat recently. I see there's a shuttle boat to Old Town - how fun!