Dubrovnik Accomodations in June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for great view, A/C, attractive decor, walking distance to great restaurants, for 3-4 nights stay in Dubrovnik in June.

150-200 US, per night.
One couple, late 40's, no kids.

Small Boutique Hotel, or B/B offering great privacy, or private apartment.

Thank you!
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:14 PM

We stayed at Villa Argentina and couldn't have been happier. Its about a 2 minute walk from old town Dubrovnik, just outside of the Ploce gate. Its more of a b&b, but the owners live next door so its fairly quiet. There are only three rooms in the b&b, and there is a kitchen and living room for guests use. The balcony was by far the best part, as its huge and looks out over the Adriatic and has beautiful views of Dubrovnik. We stayed here in November and loved it. However, its a popular place so it may already be filled up. http://www.dubrovnik-online.com/vill...ica/index.html.

Tracy
Old Jan 13th, 2007, 05:14 PM

Oops...that was supposed to be Villa Adriatica, not Villa Argentina. Sorry about that!

Tracy
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tracy!
Villa Adriatica looks interesting. Was there any parking available? We might have a car.

Were there any other locations/accomodations that you would recommend or not.... from your Croatia trip?

I think I have read your report, but I've read so many now...

Old Jan 14th, 2007, 10:05 AM

Hi,
We have booked Apartment Jinx and Jinxy. We aren't going until September, so I don't have a review. But, I have read good reviews about the apartment and they were very friendly and responsive to my emails. It is very reasonable, the location seems great and, wow, what a view!

http://www.dubrovnikconcierge.com/pages/j&j.htm
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 11:59 AM

4everywhere, to be honest I'm not sure about parking. Its on the main street heading around old town Dubrovnik and taxis sometimes line the streets so you would probably have to ask them. To be honest I think a car in Dubrovnik would be more of a bother than an asset. We too had a car in Croatia, but picked it up the day we left Dubrovnik. You definitely don't need one for your time there, especially considering you aren't allowed to drive within the old city walls anyways.

We spent a night in a lovely apartment in Trogir on Ciovo island. We had a beautiful view of the more quieter side of the island. Best of all were the owners; we spent a good 2 hours chatting with them in the morning as we ate our breakfast (we paid extra to have them make it for us) and it was one of the best parts of our trip. They were delightful. We wish we had more time in Trogir and would definitely stay again when we return. Its called Villa Pape and the website is http://www.villapape.com/.

We were rushed to see a lot on this trip so we spent the rest of the trip, with the exception of a final night in Dubrovnik, in Slovenia. I wish I could give you some more information. We are definitely planning on going back to Croatia and Montenegro in a few years and planning on spending at least a few days on one of the islands.

Inland Croatia was lovely as well. I think it gets passed over a lot for the coast, and with good reason I guess, but northern inland Croatia was quite lovely. We enjoyed visiting Zagreb and a small baroque town called Verazdin, which is just south of the Hungary border.

You will love Croatia!

Tracy

p.s. becnsteve's apartment looks lovely as well, and it appears to be fairly close to Villa Adriatica, as our hotel was in the general vicinity, just down the street.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM

If you haven't already, you should check the postings on the Croatia board from last April to October -- lots of back-and-forth about accommodations. Here's my report from May about the Hotel Stari Grad, within the walls of Dubrovnik:

We stayed at the Stari Grad and really loved it. The location is unbeatable if you want to be within the city walls -- right up the Stradun up a little alley a few steps. There's a tiny but charming lobby and a staircase up to the rooms -- I think there are 2 or 3 rooms on each floor. Our room (#402) was lovely, bigger than most we've stayed in in Europe, and nicely decorated. Great bathroom and other amenities. Sweet views over the rooftops of Croatia. The highlight, though, is the rooftop terrace. I can send you a picture that we took when we walked the walls of the city -- it looks like the Stari Grad's terrace is the only rooftop terrace in the whole town. You can sit there at night and take it all in (awesome!), and a great breakfast is served there in the morning. The staff were wonderful. I don't think you'll be sorry if you stay at the Stari Grad.

I can't recall the price (I think it was in the $200 per night range), but their Web site should have current prices.

Have a great trip.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM

I think I know the perfect place for you!

Marc Van Bloemen and family have some very nice apartments located just behind the old harbor.

They are spacious and very nicely decorated. The price is well within your budget.

Here is the website: www.karmendu.com

Have a great time! laurie
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 08:13 AM

I was looking into Apartment Jinx Jinxy for early May 60 E. Cannot find any reviews of this apartment. Please let me know what you have read and where you found it.. Villa Adriatica is booked.
thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:30 PM

I'm trying to find reviews I read for Jinx & Jinxy. Unfortunately, I can't find them and can't remember which board I read them on. I do know that they were a little older. I know they were there because I would never have found the spot otherwise! That being said, I loved the look and location. They were very responsvie and friendly when I booked them via email. I guess I'll know for sure come September.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Oh, and I should add, prices have gone up. They need to update their website!
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 04:03 AM

Hello we have a perfect holliday last year with
www.dubrovnik-excursion.com

They have a verry nice apartment with a garden 5 min from Old Town and they organize transfer from the airport

loveDubrovnik