Search

Dublin hurling

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin hurling

My two adult children and I will be in Dublin arriving Friday June 23 in the morning and leaving Monday June 26. We have never been to Ireland before and are sports fans so wanted to tour Croke Park and see a hurling match. We don't know much about the sport and how scheduling works, but the All Ireland Hurling final will be that Saturday but the exact schedule isn't out yet. I'm not sure how to proceed with what we want to do with this information. Will we be able to get tickets to the match? When should I schedule the other things I want to do? Any advice from locals familiar with the sport would be so appreciated! I have scheduled the tour of Trinity College/Book of Kells and a walking tour of Dublin for Friday but I'm a little nervous that we will be so jetlagged that we won't be able to do the second one, but I didn't want to schedule things for Saturday because of the match. We also want to see Kilmainham gaol, so I'm thinking of scheduling that for Sunday? We will be in Galway the following weekend but I don't know if there will be matches there or is the season over after the All Ireland finals? I feel like these are dumb questions so I appreciate your understanding and any advice you have. Thank you!
Old May 12th, 2023, 07:39 PM

You might want to google All Ireland Hurling Final as there may be a game on the 18th but it is not the final which takes place in July. I could be wrong as there may be different teams and a particular team is having their final in June.

I would strongly urge you and really encourage you to go to Malhide Castle. Fascinating, historic, wonderful and nothing like I have ever seen in the 72 countries we have visited. Check it out!
Old May 13th, 2023, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much! I've never heard of that castle and it's only in one of the three guide books I have. I'll put it on the list.
Old May 14th, 2023, 02:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a match at Croke Park on the 25th June which is the Tailteann Cup Semi-Finals. If you want to explore tickets for the match the look at "https://crokepark.ie/matchday/tickets This is, however Gaelic football, not hurling. There is no hurling game at Croke Park during your stay.

Last edited by Rubicund; May 14th, 2023 at 02:38 AM.
Old May 14th, 2023, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the link and info! It's been really interesting to see how sports are run differently in Ireland than in the US.