Dublin airport question

Search

Dublin airport question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin airport question

We will have a layover of 5 and a half hours in the Dublin airport in June. I have had suggestions from this forum on where to visit if we decide or have time to leave. BUT I would like to know if there are places to 'rest' in the airport if we decide to stay. An examle are the loungers in the Amsterdam airport. Thanks!
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM

ttt My recollection (2001) of Dublin Airport was that it was not particularly large. I'm not sure what you mean my "loungers". If you mean chaise lounge type seating, I'm not sure. If you have a 5 hour layover, I'd think you could use about 3 hours of that for a taxi ride into center of town and "lounge" around a pub or restaurant.
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:09 AM

No, there aren't really great places to rest. There are seats, but nothing comfortable enough to spend 5 hours on! I believe though that there are executive lounges. I'm not sure if you can pay to access these or if they are only for business / first class travellers. There is a hotel very close to the airport - The Great Southern. You could walk there and I'm sure they have a nice lounge where you could rest.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 09:45 AM

you would be better off taking a bus into the city centre and doing the hop on hop off bus tour! the seating in Dublin Airport is not suitable for resting.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Original Poster

Good ideas. I assume we will most likely need to retrieve our bags for customs? If we do then I also assume we can check them again to Venice before we leave the airport for a few hours.
Does anyone know if I am right about this? Thanks so much.