Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

need a hotel near Dublin airport, any good places?

Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

I've been round and round with Aer Lingus scheduling after they cancelled their afternoon flights from Dublin to Edinburgh. Despite the long wait on hold, they were helpful, and pleasant. They agreed to rearrange several of my flight schedules to better suit my needs at no charge.
Anyway, rather than having a 9 hour lay over in the airport after our transatlantic flight comes in at 9:10am, we're staying overnight and flying out the next morning at 7am. I want to find a hotel near the airport since my plane leaves so early, but would like to be in a hotel that has some access to the city, or nice surrounding areas (coastal?) for a bit of lunch and some light sight seeing before I pass out from exhaustion. I don't need to have the full Dublin experience because I'll be back in Ireland in a week. Can anyone recommend a comfortable hotel with easy airport access and easy access to other areas without the use of a rental car?
thanks
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:43 AM

You do not mention price range so this may not work. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right at the airport and found it to be quite nice. Easy access to airport and you can use bus service into Dublin. Hotel also has very good food service and nice pub attached.
Apr 24th, 2003, 05:48 AM

There was a thread on this a few months ago, I just topped it for you. It is called "Need Lodging Very Near Dublin Airport."
Apr 24th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the post. I tried doing a search on dublin airport hotel and nothing would come up so I'll look into that post, and I'll look into the hiliday inn. Normally I'd be more interested in exploring new areas away from the airport but with a the flight leaving at 7am and no rental car, I don't have many options.
Thanks again
May 2nd, 2003, 06:53 AM

Belcamp-Hutchinson handsdown!!! Ask for the room called "Wedgewood"-worth every penny and 5 minutes from airport! Our hostess sat down with us every morning after breakfast to help us plan our excursions-even to map them out for us! When we were leaving-she offered to get up at 5 AM to make us breakfast! It's right by Malahide-a cute harbour with excellent restaraunts. You can catch a bus to Dublin by walking 1/4 mile down the road-it was very easy for us! You won't be disappointed!