Search

Dromoland Castle Vs. Adare Manor

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
KFT
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dromoland Castle Vs. Adare Manor

Am traveling to Ireland in April and trying to decide between Dromoland Castle and Adare Manor. Would like current information. Alot of the posts I read are from 2000. Adare Manor appeals to me because we can walk to town and it is close to The Mustard Seed, which we want to try for dinner. Does anyone know if there is anything near Dromoland castle to bike or walk too? I don't think it's too much farther from the Mustard Seed so we could still probably go for dinner? I'm worried that Adare may not be well maintained. Anyone stayed there recently? Another place we're thinking of trying is Dunraven Arms.
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:28 PM

I am in Ireland right now and will be in Adare later in my trip. Post again at the end of the month and I will tell you more about Adare Manor.

Have you had a look at Glin Castle? I visited it and it was very nice indeed.

Old Oct 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
CU

Bill Clinton stayed in Adare Manor Hotel. Why not give him a ring? Tell him I sent you.
Mr. Bush stayed at Dromoland Castle so you might as well give him a call as well. I'm sure they will put you right.
Anyway they are both great hotels and if you have the time split your visit between them
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Hi, stayed at Dromoland this past March it was great. Room was large and recently redone, service was awesome! I would definitely recommend it! Are there specifics that you want to know?