Reload this Page >

Driving from Delphi to Cape Sounion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 11:20 AM
evelyntrav

How long would it take to drive from Delphi to Cape Sounion? Is it a decent road?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Mia

Cape Sounion is south of Athens. The roads out of Delphi are hilly. When you get into the mainland, the rest is highway. South of Athens is a nice coastal drive. Several hour drive. I can't remember the exact.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 03:10 PM
tom

<BR>I think the key is to avoid driving thru the Athens metroplitan region, else that alone could take 2-3 hrs.<BR><BR>The Michelin #980 map will help with the overall route, but you'll need a more detailed map for the Attiki region so as to go around Athens.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 06:23 PM
evelyntrav

Thank you for trying to help. If we left Delphi at 1:00, do you think we would get to Cape Sounion before dark? I would like to go from Athens to Delphi (sleep in Delphi and see Delphi the next morning) and then on to Cape Sounion and then back to Athens.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 11:33 AM
tom

<BR>evelyntrav,<BR>I never did the drive in 1 straight stretch, only separately, but I think it could be done in 4-6 hrs without too much difficulty.<BR><BR>Many variables depending on time & day of week, whether you go thru Athens or around, road closures, road cosntruction, etc.