Driver In Italy

Jun 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Driver In Italy

I am planning to hire a driver for a one day excursion from Rome to Pompeii. Has anyone ever used Driver in Italy? or do you have other recommendations.
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM

We used Driver in Italy for that trip in April of this year. The driver and guide on the trip were knowledgeable and entertaining and spoke beautiful english. We hired a separate guide to take us on the tour of Pompeii proper, himself very good. We proceeded to Positano (a very pretty stretch) for lunch and shopping.

DiI also provided transfers between our accommodations and the train stations in Rome and Florence and furnished us with a four hour or so tour the day we arrived in Rome. They were on time and their vehicles were in very good condition.

We will use them again, though the service is not inexpensive. The owner, Roberto, worked with us extensively to plan these activities.
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Training to Naples and then the driver will save you perhaps $500--do you care?
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:06 PM

I don't know what price you are being quoted, but if you want to compare, you will find the contact information for a driver that I used in Rome last year. He drives for Rome Shuttle Limo but also works on his own.

You would need to scroll down until the last day of this report where I posted his information (he drove us to the airport from our hotel in Rome);

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34931625

Jun 19th, 2008, 03:37 AM

Hi Zebo - An inexpensive option by public transport is the Rome-Pompeii bus service (- operator: Marozzi).

Daily in high season.

Dep. 07.00 Rome (- Roma Tiburtina)
Arr... 10.00 Pompeii

Fare:
€ 16.00 one way
€ 27.50 return

www.marozzivt.it

OR ... by train via Napoli Centrale.
For train times/fares see:
http://www.trenitalia.it/en/index.html

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Jun 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM

I was with a group of 27 in Italy in June of 2008. We used Driver In Rome for Naples , Rome and Pisa and Florence. They were wonderful and wanted us to be completely happy with our tours. They went out of their way to please us and make us free comfortable traveling in their beautiful country. We saw everything we wanted and more.
They picked us up from the cruise ship and they were always on time.
I would and will commend them again to anyone traveling in Italy. The Bues were very nice and the guides were wonderful and spoke very good english.
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM

My husband and I used Giovanni from www.tourofitaly.com to go from Positano to Rome when we were there in May, but he covers literally the entire country. I could not recommend the service more highly - it's a family operation (Giovanni is the dad). The cutest touch was that he showed up with - seriously - a bottle of limoncello for us and long stemmed red roses for me. Italian charm at its sweetest!
Jun 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Oh, and PS to previous - he was the most competitively priced out of the 4 services I contacted.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. Appreciate your help.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:36 AM

I would also like to confirm that www.driverinrome.com provided great service with young, personable guides in the ports of Livorno, Messina, and Naples. We were a group of 22 and everyone with the price, and dependability of the drivers and the personalities and knowledge of the guides who accompanied them.