Dorsoduro apartment

Oct 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Dorsoduro apartment

Is anyone familiar with this VRBO listing? It is available for our April dates; my heart says Dorsduro as we really enjoyed this area when we stayed at La Calcina a few years back.

http://www.vrbo.com/348773
Oct 28th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Don't know this particular apartment.

The Dorsoduro is our favorite area. We have stayed twice at La Calcina and most recently at an apartment just steps from the Zattere - #400578 on www.homeaway.com. We loved this apartment and it's great location. Just steps away from the San Basilio stop and the Billa supermarket. It's a one bedroom with a rooftop terrace. The only downside is it's on third floor without an elevator.
Oct 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

On our last trip to Venice we also stayed at La Calcina, I really like the area. While I like the idea of a rooftop terrace, DH's newish hip and surgically repaired knee say no to the third floor, no elevator. Compromises. I also looked at staying at La Calcina's apartments, and one was available but there is only wifi access in the main building.
Oct 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM

socal, that looks nice and I like the way the reviews read. What floor is the apartment on?
Oct 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

One of the reviews mentioned one long set of stairs up to the apartment, not sure what is below it. We can do one long set of stairs.
Jan 31st, 2012, 04:13 PM

socal, Did you stay in Dorsoduro?
I'm considering that area also.
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

We have reservations for late April, but have stayed in the area before, really like it.
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:52 PM

I have stayed in the area, twice, both times at La Calcina as mentioned by several above already. I loved the neighborhood, opening up wide onto the Guidecca shipping canal. It feels open and spacious there, less confined then some of the parts with the teeny tiny narrow streets and buildings so close together. It is certainly close enough to be convenient for touring around on foot but just a tad out of the hussle and bussle like you find around the very most central part of the city.

Search this Thread