Dolphine Square London

Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM
fat
Original Poster

Dolphine Square London

Heard about this suite hotel and searched their site. Info from their site is limited. Is kitchen facility available for one bedroom suite? Any comment about this hotel?
Any other recommendation for a one week stay for a family of 4? Perhaps cheaper than Dolphine Sq and in Chelsea.
Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:29 PM

I personally wouldn't call Dolphin Sq a "suite hotel". I know that's what they say on the website - but that is sort of misleading. It is actually a large development of privately owned flats where one wing is set up as short-term rental apartments. All the flats have kitchens and are well appointed/furnished.

It is in a nice residential area a few minutes walk from Pimlico Tube station. It is right next to the river and a short walk from Tate Britain.

You can't really go wrong staying at D. Sq -- AND it frequently comes up on Priceline (but unfortunately you can't specify that is the property you want)
Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:56 AM

I've stayed there a few times, but in larger apartments. The last one we stayed in was 3 bedrooms, with kitchen, dining room. Can't remember what we paid.
Its a good place to stay. You will certainly pay more if you stay in Chelsea. There's a restaurant, and some small shops (one where you can buy freshly made sandwiches). The area is residential. In fact, Princess Anne lives in Dolphin Square, and so do many politicians. There's also an indoor pool, which my children like.
I can recommend it. The underground is a short walk away.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:22 AM

We stayed in a 3 bed, 3 bath plus kitchen and living room a few summers ago. It worked out great with 3 teenage daughters and an extra friend. We loved all the extra space and the location was close enough to a tube stop for us. I swim daily so the pool was another plus for me. It wasn't as luxurious as hotel but it was clean, spacious and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to return.
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:48 AM

Scala House is another apt style hotel that you might consider that gets good reviews. You may find renting an regular flat (apt.) cheaper but then you give up the conveniences of a hotel like a front desk/concierge, I think one of these includes breakfast. Also, for an apt., a substantial downpayment is sometimes required. You might have a search here for London apts. There are also some apts listed and reviews on slowtrav.com
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM

I've stayed at both the Scala House and the Dolphin Square Hotel. We stayed in a 1 BR unit at DSH and it was nicely furnished, though the kitchen is very small. We loved the location and enjoyed staying there. It's a nice hotel in a nice, quiet neighborhood.

The units at Scala House are bigger (2 BR and bigger living/kitchen areas) but the furnishings are a bit dated. It's clean and comfortable, but not stylish. The neighborhood is more commercial, especially around Tottenham Court Road - but still a pretty central location.