Does this sound legit-Venice apt.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hotel Galleria was kind enough to e-mail us recently about a reservation inquiry we made a couple of weeks ago to see if we still needed the room. It turns out that we no longer needed it, but replied to their e-mail to inquire about a stay at a later date. They were booked for that evening (a one night stay) but offered us an apartment, 1 br, small with kitchen corner and bath with breakfast supplies (juice, rolls, etc.) for 120e just across the Accademia bridge. We've seen one pic that they were kind enough to e-mail us and it looks nice, but wondered if anyone else has encountered this? We also received a reservation offer from Minerva Nettuno for 84e for a double room without bath including breakfast and dinner at their restaurant Ai Quattro Rusteghi, so I'd appreciate any feedback on either one of these lodging possibilities.
Many thanks!
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM

This happened to me in New York City. We loved spending the weekend in a studio apartment the brownstone B&B used for overflow.
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:27 PM
gmatravel

We had a similar experience there 3 years ago. Wanted to stay at the Hotel but they were booked and offered us the use of an apartment around the corner from the Galleria. It was fine. Small place with tiny kitchen and bath but totally adequate for our needs. It was kind of neat wandering "home" from our nightly outings back to our private space (very quiet, too). Not sure if anything has changed in terms of quality but I'd definitely recommend it based on our stay in 2002.

Old May 1st, 2005, 02:32 PM

Hi ChicagoDallasGirl, I am not familiar with the Hotel Galleria but it sounds like their communications with you are excellent.

Regarding the apartment with bath versus the Minerva Nettuno (I am not familiar with them either) I would go with the apartment. Now I say that because I will not rent a room wihout an ensuite bathroom. But some people do not seem to mind it if they do not have one. I am not familiar with the Ai Quartto Rusteghi restaurant either so not sure if this would be where you would want to eat or not. Personally I would want to chose the restaurant I would have dinner at while in Venice.

Have you utilized www.tripadvisor.com to see if there are any reviews on this? If not that is the next step I would take. And hopefully somewhere here who is familiar with these establishement will be able to offer better advice. Best wishes.
Old May 1st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

LoveItaly -the Hotel Galleria has been great to deal with! They answer all of our questions promptly and it is because of their seemingly excellent service level thus far we're even considering the apartment pretty much sight unseen. As for the Minerva, I had already checked reviews on tripadvisor before sending a reservation inquiry and they were good. Although they offer dinner, I don't think that we eat at their restaurant. This is the last night we'll spend in Venice (we'll spend two nights there before heading to Rome and Florence) leaving on our return flight to the states and we really just wanted to find a comfortable, decent place that didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg. Thanks for your well-wishes! We can't wait only 13 more days to go before we depart!
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM

Oh ChicagoDG, have fun for me too! I was planning on going to Italy this year but it looks like I will have to wait until 2006 unless miracles happen, LOL. Enjoy every moment!
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:40 PM

LoveItaly, if you go in the fall 2006 maybe we can schedule a GTG!
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:58 PM

ChicagoDallasGirl,

At Minerva, I was offered half-board as an option and not compulsory. I took a single room with bath for EUR58 including only breakfast. With dinner would have been only EUR65 because of early reservation discount (was told no discount for B&B)but I don't want to be obliged to return to the hotel (Canareggio-Station area)around dinner time. I will be there from 14 May for 2 nights.
Old May 1st, 2005, 04:32 PM

Hello Starrsvile, wouldn't a Fodors GTG be fun. At this point not sure when I will go. Most of my friends in Italy (Veneto area) prefer I come in June, but I rather like September. I will post here for sure when I do.

I still am wondering if it would work out for me to go this fall, there is a possibility. But not sure. Life has been kind of crazy this last month. Anyway, I will post here when it will happen. Take care!

Old May 1st, 2005, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kappa. I sent an e-mail requesting a B&B rate rather than half-board.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:30 AM
DRJ

Stayed in Galleria's apartment a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.